Frequent Contributor

I think I am craving this ol' recipe, because it's been so long since last summer which is when I traditionally bring it out. In any case, I think I'm gonna make some - and would like to share. Please note I'm a "little of this and that" cook, so please feel free to balance out amounts of each ingredient.

Just combine and refrigerate the following:

1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed

2 chopped hard-cooked eggs (1 extra for garnish if you'd like)

2 ribs celery

1 small onion

Miracle Whip to consistency you prefer

Salt and pepper to taste

Garnish with a bit of parsley, egg slices, paprika and/or green onion ... enjoy Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I like the combination of ingredients, but I don't care for Miracle Whip. I'm thinking it would be good with a lighter dressing also.

Frequent Contributor

One of my favorite salads.I either use miracle or mayo and sometimes I mix both together.Also love pea salad using the same ingredients.

Frequent Contributor

Berta - never thought of peas ... hmmm Thanks for the suggestion! And house cat, I think that's the fun of recipes ... make 'em our own! Terrific!

Honored Contributor

We add very finely diced dill pickle chips, very small diced cheese bits, and sometimes pimento to these recipes for kidney beans as well as green peas.

Respected Contributor

Sounds really good never tried this making it now!!!! Thank you

Honored Contributor

Oh, and especially for the peas, you CAN put a little crumbled bacon in. . . for special occasions! LOL!!! We had these salads really often when I was growing up. We would make them when we were having hamburgers or sandwiches.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I make mine like Sooner with all the goodies. Haven't made it in a long time and it is time to whip up a bowl of it. So good. Thanks for reminding me of it, june 1.

Frequent Contributor

Oh my goodness this brings back memories. My mom used to make this when we were young,many many yrs ago. My sister and I were just talking about this recipe although neither one of us has ever made it since leaving home (40+ yrs ago) She also never had it written done. Thanks for posting it june1

Frequent Contributor

You're welcome ... Smiley Happy