Honored Contributor

Re: Keto fudge recipe?

[ Edited ]

@Tribesters wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I've got to try this! I love desserts! Is there a book or website you would recommend for someone to start a Keto lifestyle? Glad you found something that works.

Honestly, @Tribesters, I just dove in with both feet and started doing research.  I watched “The Magic Pill” documentary and it convinced me to make keto a lifestyle rather than a temporary diet.  I watch a lot of videos by Dr. Berg to learn the science, but I don’t always agree with him 100%. He never counts the veggie carbs, I think you need to.  He allows for many more net carbs than one should have in order to lose.  He uses fat as a lever, I think you need to meet your requirements.  I religiously plan my foods in advance and track my macros on the Carb Manager app. Education is key too.  Knowing (or having a list handy) of sneaky sugars is important so you know what to avoid.  Maltodextrin is in lots of things and it has the worst glycemic index of any ingredient.  Be a diligent label reader so you can choose foods wisely.  Don’t believe marketing labels on the packaging - they’re usually lies.  Aldi’s Keto bread is not keto.  SlimFast keto foods are not keto.There are many keto recipe groups on Facebook.  I’ll write down the ones I use and get back to you.  I’m sure they’re on Pinterest too.

if you ever have a question and want to rn it by me, you know where to find me. 

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thanks so much for all the info. I have a lot to learn. I will check out Facebook & Pinterest. This sounds like something I could stick with. 

Trusted Contributor

@yellowrose , you're welcome!  Anything for a fellow Texan and Cowboy's fan (although technically I still consider myself an Okie, although I live in Texas.) Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thanks so much for all the info. I have a lot to learn. I will check out Facebook & Pinterest. This sounds like something I could stick with. 

Check out Dr Eric Westman, too @Tribesters.  He's on YouTube and has a new book out that he coauthored with Amy Berger.  I can't remember the exact title but Carb Confusion is part of the title.

Trusted Contributor

@tansy 

Thanks, I will check it out. I've been checking out Facebook groups as @JeanLouiseFinch suggested. Pinterest had a lot of recipes & info also. I'm amazed by the weight loss pictures for people that started keto. I don't need to lose a lot-maybe 10 lbs at most. DH needs to lose more than me. He has high BP & high cholesterol so I'm a little worried about whether this would be good for him. Mixed reviews on that. I will

have him ask his Dr. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Reconnaissant wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Do you by chance have a recipe or a suggestion for @soonersis please?

Yes!  And it’s super simple.  

3.5 oz. Bakers Unsweetened Chocolate 

1.5 Cups Confectioners Swerve  (powdered is a must to avoid graininess)

8 oz. Butter

6 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream

2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract 

3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)

1. Line 8x8 pan with foil

2. Slice up butter

3. Put all ingredients in a microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave on high, at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until everything is melted and smoothly combined.

4. Pour mixture into prepared pan.

5. Freeze for exactly 1 hr. to set - longer will make it too hard to slice.

6. Remove the entire square of fudge from the pan by lifting the foil.

7. Slice into 16 equal pieces. Store in covered container, in the fridge, and serve cold.

I made this a few days ago and it's just like the real thing and so easy. Thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse  Glad you like it! 😊

Trusted Contributor

I made this over the weekend and it's really good.  You'd never know it wasn't "regular" fudge!

Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

I made this over the weekend and it's really good.  You'd never know it wasn't "regular" fudge!

👍