Regular Contributor

Keto chips for dipping, anybody?????

I cannot find a good tasting chip that I can eat while on Keto.

I tried Quest chips - the Ranch flavor. -YUCK!

I would love to have a recipe for some kind of chip that I can dip in salsa, queso, etc.

Anybody???????

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Keto chips for dipping, anybody?????

You can use celery, cauli and broc as "dippers"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I have not tried it but I’ve seen a recipe online for Parmesan cheese crisps that can be used as chips for dipping.    Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, put 1 tablespoon mounds of shredded Parmesan cheese on the baking sheet (leaving room between each mound for expansion) and bake for 3-5 minutes in 400 degree oven (watch that they don’t burn). Let cool.  The recipe said you could also add some spices to the cheese before baking to make different flavors. 

Trusted Contributor

I made the parm crisps dotted with tiny diced jalapeno peppers for my KETO guests.Must have been good,the platter was empty. Really easy too,

Frequent Contributor

Plain pork rinds are what I use. They’re nice and sturdy and hold up to guac or whatever.
Honored Contributor

You might want to check out a website called NETRITION dot com.  They have many items that are low carb and pretty good tasting.  There are many reviews too.

they are great to deal with and shipping is reasonable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You Tube has some great recipes for Keto on it.  I ended up getting books off of Amazon but check out YT first to see who follow first then the books.  Check at Barnes and Noble too, or a favorite book store.  I don't know if you have a library, but you can hunt that area out too.  There really is a lot out there on it. If I find some time, maybe I'll try to add one of the recipes I can find.  I'm really busy now, or I'd do it.

There's a gal called something like Dot to Trot, not totally sure, but she looked like a great cook, hmmmm  I'll see if too if I still have some of her recipes.  Check on line, under YT.

Honored Contributor

Raw celery, cucumbers, others that you personally like.

A lot of ketoers like pork rinds.  I don’t. 

You can oven roast slices of zucchini, to make chips.  

You can make your own cheese crisps and keto crackers too. 

Respected Contributor

@hick wrote:

I cannot find a good tasting chip that I can eat while on Keto.

I tried Quest chips - the Ranch flavor. -YUCK!

I would love to have a recipe for some kind of chip that I can dip in salsa, queso, etc.

Anybody???????

@hick 

A keto blogger recommended Flackers Organic Flaxseed Crackers as a possible substitute for traditional chips.

Description says gluten-free, keto, vegan, paleo, kosher.

Valued Contributor

Flackers are awesome! you can make almond flour crackers.  google recipes for keto crackers.