Respected Contributor

Katrina's Best Sugar Cookies

[ Edited ]

Wanted a no chill, just roll, cut and bake. These fit the bill.

1 c unsalted butter, softened

1 c sugar

1 1/2 t vanilla 

1 egg

2 t baking powder

3 c flour (15oz)

1/2 t salt

Cream butter and sugar 3 min. Add vanilla and egg. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix til combined. Knead the dough by hand, to make it smooth. Roll out 1/4 " thick on lightly floured surface or Silpat mat.Cut with cutter. Bake at 350 on Silpat mat 6-8 minutes. Yum yum 

Respected Contributor

Re: Katrina's Best Sugar Cookies

[ Edited ]

I made these cookies. So easy. I have a rolling pin with adjustable thickness rings, I used the 1/4  inch guide. They are soft and taste like a bakery cookie. No more $2.00 bakery cookies for me. 😊 ❤ 😊 I didn't keep count on how many I made. I will next time. Only 2 left.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I was wondering if they were soft. Good to know. Sounds pretty easy to make.

These will be good & no icing. I hate cookies with icing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes they are soft and so yummy. 😊 ❤ 😊 You can frost them if you like.

Esteemed Contributor

@Barbarainnc

Thanks for posting this recipe! I have a terrible time with sugar cookies, but this one seems like it would be a snap to roll out & cut. Yes, soft with the egg in there.

For me, though, I like mine on the thin, crispy side.

But this will do nicely, especially if baking with the grandchildren!

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like a sugar cookie made with powdered sugar.  For some reason they seem to melt in your mouth.  They're very tender and rich.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Watched Martha Stewart make sugar cookies yesterday on her show Martha Bakes. She had a guest  Pastry Chef, Robert Twardzik who decorates sugar cookies. He showed Martha some of his techniques. His bakery is called Bakehaus 561. Wonderful and beautiful cookies. So pretty you wouldn't want to eat them. Now I wanna make sugar cookies. 😊❤😊