Respected Contributor

Kathy's Killer Kugle - from Kathy Levine -

KATHY'S KILLER KUGEL
1 lb. fine (thin) noodles (read bag, most are 12 oz. so you will need an additional bag in part)
1 qt. milk (2% fine)
1 lb cottage cheese
8 oz. cream cheese (lite is fine, non fat is NOT fine) - let it soften for 30 minutes before using
6 eggs room temp
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 stick butter - melted
1 cup white raisins ( called "golden raisins" in the dried fruit section)
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
Graham cracker crumbs (buy the box of crumbs, don't crumble large crackers)
Cinnamon
Boil water and make noodles al dente and drain
In a large electric mixing bowl, mix cottage cheese, cream cheese and milk
Add beaten eggs, sugar and vanilla
Add the drawn butter
Take a large 11 x 13 lasagna pan and grease it with butter or spray oil
Pour noodles into pan
Add raisins on top of noodles
Pour wet mixture on top and blend in well (note, this will fill to the very top of pan, and is heavy. Suggest sturdy pan, not aluminum foil)
Sprinkle completely with light layer of graham cracker crumbs and a bit of cinnamon
Bake 350 for approx 55+ minutes until golden and bubbly. It should NOT be wet and runny, nor hard and firm. You can test with a toothpick or skewer.
Serves 12-15
Let it cool a bit, slice into squares and serve. May be served cold or warm. You can also cut it into individual pieces and freeze them. Defrost amounts as needed and warm in microwave.
Enjoy.

Regular Contributor

Re: Kathy's Killer Kugle - from Kathy Levine -

OMG Alliswell!  Blast from the past!  I have that exact recipie, typed out and sent from QVC years, and years, and years ago. So funny and soooo good!  I almost never make it because, as compared to when I first received it, the calories can’t be worked off as easily these days!   It, sure is good. I see it most everytime I look for a recipie in my “stack”. Those were the days.....😏

Frequent Contributor

Wjould any other fruit work as our family does not like raisins.  Could you use dried cranberries or cherries?

Trusted Contributor

@alliswell I've never had Kugle, but it looks interesting! What do you typically serve with it?

~LdyBugz

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LdyBugz 

@kug 

To be honest, I have never made this kugel.  I understand that it can be served as a side.

Also, this kugel freezes well, and from the comments I have read on Kathy's FB page, it is delicious.  

Trusted Contributor

@alliswell - Many years ago QVC offered a cookbook with all the recipes from show hosts. Kathy's Kugle recipe was one of them.

It is delicious.  I've made it with and without the raisins (hubby doesn't care for raisins in his).  With the raisins it is perfect for Rosh Hashana today.  

Honored Contributor

Must be her mother's recipe. Kathy joked that QVC never let her do cooking shows and that was fine with her.