Regular Contributor

Just made a delicious Weight Watcher Recipe for BBQ Bean Chili

I am a Weight Watcher life timer and I am always on the lookout for tasty sounding recipes that look satisfying and filling. I got this recipe from the Weight Watcher cookbook "Slow Good" , it is out of print but it is a really excellent slow cooker book. I actually do not own a slow cooker right now but I made this on the stove top and it is fantastically tasty. I hope somebody out there enjoys it! I hurt my back very badly yesterday and made it because I am in a lot of pain and cannot stand for long. This was super easy and didn't require a lot of work at all. I threw everything in the pot and got up occasionally to stir {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Barbecued Bean Chili (I doubled this recipe)

1 lb ground chicken (I used turkey)

1 large onion chopped

4 cloves garlic crushed

1 large red pepper chopped

1 cup shredded carrots

1 15 ounce can fat free baked beans (I used Bushes vegetarian)

1/3 cup BBQ sauce (I used bullseye regular)

1/3 cup tomato paste

3 Tbl chili powder

1 tsp marjoram (didn't have so used oregano)

3/4 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp allspice

black pepper, salt to taste

1/2 cup water

(I added 2 Tbl balsamic vinegar, 1 tbl dijon mustard , 1 tbl molasses, 2 tbl smoked paprika and a tbl chipotle sauce to perk it up a bit)

Original recipe says to cook the ground meat till it's cooked through. Put in in the crock pot with everything else and cook till veggies are fork tender 4 to 5 hours on high or 8 to 10 hours on low. I cooked the onion, garlic, carrot and pepper along with the spices and added the meat on the stovetop...cooked a bit more and then added the beans and tomato paste, BBQ sauce and water and let it go for about 30 to 45 minutes on my stovetop. I normally really hate baked beans a lot but this chili is really different and tasty with them.

per serving (1 1/3 cup) 289 cal / 3 g fat/ 36 g carb/ 10 g fiber/32 g protein