Trusted Contributor

Just like Wendy’s Chili Recipe

This is Just like Wendy's chili recipe I got off Allrecipe years ago.  To us it does taste like Wendy's chili.  I made a batch today. The only thing I do different is I use ground turkey instead of ground beef.  It's the 93/7 lean ground turkey.  Here's the recipe if anyone is interested.  

AD4061E3-767D-4F30-91FF-C6A65B9A6359.jpeg

C5053297-688F-4C1C-B333-913C86CCD8D4.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Just like Wendy’s Chili Recipe

It almost sounds like what I made. I've been purchasing more expensive spaghetti sauce recently and freezing what we don't use.  The Rao's low sodium marinara finds its way in to my chili now. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for posting and giving out original source. I like the All Recipe site to get new ideas. 

I have never put vinegar or celery in my chili...but I do like Wendy's chili.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@CoffeeNut  Yum, yum save me some!  I love some chili in the winter, thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Back in 1972 Wendy's was still a local Columbus, Ohio restaurant. Dave Thomas was working hard putting together his business plan to create a franchise company.

I always had chili for lunch there. Dave told me in the future, when I order chili at a Wendy's, I should ask that they scoop the chili from the bottom of the pot. That way I would get the hottest temperature and less fat.

It would also get the chili stirred. He was putting in the instructions that the chili should be stirred every half hour, but he was sure they would get busy and forget to do it. 

Sorry, Dave, but every time I've asked I've only gotten a weird look in response.

Still love the chili.   

Honored Contributor

Ever since I was in Weight Watchers in the '70s, I've made chili using Williams Chili Mix, which they approved.  I like the seasoning, add a chopped onion, green chile and add whatever tomato products I happen to have on hand and I do ADD BEANS.  I must have Fritos on top with cheese.  It takes 2lbs of hamburger meat but I often use mild bulk Italian sausage.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

What, no sugar? I always put brown sugar in my chili. It cuts the heat from the whole habanero I submerge in the pot while simmering. I put a little sugar in my tomato sauce as well.

Valued Contributor

@PickyPicky3 

Cool story!!!!

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Back in 1972 Wendy's was still a local Columbus, Ohio restaurant. Dave Thomas was working hard putting together his business plan to create a franchise company.

I always had chili for lunch there. Dave told me in the future, when I order chili at a Wendy's, I should ask that they scoop the chili from the bottom of the pot. That way I would get the hottest temperature and less fat.

It would also get the chili stirred. He was putting in the instructions that the chili should be stirred every half hour, but he was sure they would get busy and forget to do it. 

Sorry, Dave, but every time I've asked I've only gotten a weird look in response.

Still love the chili.   

Honored Contributor

That is a great game day recipe.

Respected Contributor

I made this chili for lunch today, and we liked it a lot. 

I used Laura's Lean Beef. I replaced the pinto beans with a can of black beans. (I like Bush's brand of canned beans.)

This is a really good recipe - thanks for posting it!