Valued Contributor

Just got a crockpot And need a pulled pork recipe

Anyone have a delicious recipe.?  thanks so much 

Respected Contributor

Re: Just got a crockpot And need a pulled pork recipe

I use chicken broth  and drain after your typical cooking.  shredd the meat  and I add Honey pecan bbq sauce by Stubbs. I sometimes add diced onions.  I let it sit in the crock pot  for a bit

Trusted Contributor

I buy the packets of McCormick's slow cooker pulled pork seasoning. It is delicious and the instructions are on the packet.

Valued Contributor

thanks so much

Respected Contributor

Cafe Rio is a very popular restaurant around here and they have won Best of State for their sweet pork burrito.  This is the link for their pulled pork, if you like the sweet version.  Check out the other recipes listed, especially the sweet pork burrito ingredients. 

https://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/cafe-rio-sweet-pork/

Honored Contributor

NKY DINKY DOO Q

An oldie but goodie bbq recipe from these forums in the 1990s

Inky was a poster who posted this recipe, which I named after her.  It is a classic!

Easy and freezes well. Should work fine with pork alone--pork butt probably!  Pork shoulder.

Great for after the football game! You can use all beef in the recipe if you prefer or if beef is on sale. Can cook in a slow cooker, or also works to cook in a 5 or 6 quart Dutch oven in a 225oF oven, stirring occasionally.

1 1/2 lb. beef stew meat (I buy a chuck or arm roast and cut it up)
1 1/2 lb. pork loin roast (cut into bite size pieces)
2 c. chopped onion

2 c. chopped green pepper
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar 2 t. salt
1 t. dry mustard
3 t. chili powder
1/4 c. vinegar
2 t. Worcestershire sauce
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste

In slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook one hour on high. Reduce heat to low and cook for 7 to 9 hours until meat is tender. Shred meat and serve on buns, with or without coleslaw.

Occasional Contributor

The McCormicks packet for pulled pork is great!

I like to add Frank's Hot Sauce in the last few minutes before turning of the crock pot.  For some reason, Frank's is perfect. Other hot sauces not so perfect. Super great recipe, always a hit. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

After you've slow-cooked the appropriate cut of  pork roast in McCormick Pulled Pork Seasoning (and followed the directions on the seasoning packet)........., and then taken the meat  out of the slow cooker and pulled it apart into shreds to get rid of most of the fat.........you can  put the shredded meat  back into the pot, add any BBQ sauce of your choice and gently reheat the mixture until it's hot enough for your taste--or simply add the sauce to your meat and/or bun when served.

If you're not sure which BBQ sauce flavor to use, check out the very different BBQ sauce styles favored in  different regions........... Eastern North Carolina, South Carolina, Memphis, Texas, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucky-girlI was looking for one recently too.  There are several on the Taste of Home site.

Keepin' it real.