Super Contributor

Just bought CE airfryer need recipes and any pointers you may have.

Recipe book didn't have much in it, need tips and common type recipes,TY.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just bought CE airfryer need recipes and any pointers you may have.

Just as an fyi if you are interested evine has an entire cookbook dedicated to these types of fryers as does Amazon (and great prices if you have a Kindle . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm pretty much with you at this point - DH (the gadget freak) ordered the Todd English air fryer from Evine.  Our has pre-programmed settings for meat, fish, fries, bake, etc., but we haven't done a lot with it besides basic french fries and pre-breaded frozen stuff.  I've just noticed that on ours, you can pretty much set the time and temp. and treat it as a convection oven.  I.E., it cooks a little faster than the recommended times for a regular oven.  Wish I could help you more.

You might want to try Pinterest, there are quite a few air fryer recipes there, but I notice they're mostly for Phillips air fryers and I'm not sure if all air fryers are created equal, ya know what I mean?

@mtc -  DH strongly dislikes Allison Whoever Host on Evine who has the air fryer cookbook so I am "forbidden" from buying it, LOL.  (He already knows how I roll my eyes when being "forbidden", but I see Todd English is coming out with one in January so I'll save my pennies for that.) Smiley Wink

Denise
Super Contributor

Tried finding info online but not really any true recipes, the few cookbooks I've found are for "fancy" cookin" lol.  I want just plain tasty recipe!!! 

Honored Contributor

@proofer wrote:

Tried finding info online but not really any true recipes, the few cookbooks I've found are for "fancy" cookin" lol.  I want just plain tasty recipe!!! 

I'm sorry you are having a problem finding what you are looking for proofer but I have a quick question . . . I know you have searched online but have you checked YouTube?  I personally never think to look there and I get so angry with myself because I find the most interesting things there!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

You can get the recipe book that comes with the Philips AF online. I have the AF book from Evine by Allison Waggoner and I highly recommend it.  Todd English is coming out with one in January that I am waitlisted for. I love this little appliance: as a Diabetic who has to watch everything I eat, it adds a whole new dimension.  I do have a full size Bosch convection oven, and it does not do what this little guy does....by all means, try making a batch of kale or spinach "chips": spritz with a little oil(I have a Misto that works for things like vegetables because I don't want to use a lot. Toss to coat.) For chicken nuggets or breasts (breaded) your favorite canned brand will give you the best results. So far, I have not found a gadget that distributes oil as finely and evenly......I love "roasted" vegetables: super thin slices of zucchini and onion makes a marvelous snack or a breakfast side. So far, I am finding that just about everything cooks at 400 degrees and I time it for about ten minutes.  Not overloading the fryer is paramount to success. Until you really get to know your fryer, less time is a good option: you can always add more time. Experiment and have fun! For anybody who has to watch carbs and keep the fat low, I have had excellent results using Egg Beaters ( reduces calories, but I do eat eggs), and Carbquick with spices added makes an excellent breading.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

...one last thing-and it's a biggie and a turn-off for a lot of people: home made French fries. I have not tried the frozen ones that you buy: many of those are already coated in oil, and I have no doubts those would turn out well. So far, I have found "Gold" works bet when it comes to fresh spuds. My grocery carries "Gold", but they are not labeled "Yukon Gold": I don't know if they are the same.  At any rate, my process is to first halve the potato, then quarter it. Spritz with oil nd toss to coat. I learned this from Alison Waggoner, but you then microwave (I use a Pyrex or Anchor glass container) for three minutes, and then you transfer to your AF and cook at 400 for about ten minutes: that really depends on how thick or thin the fries are.  Whatever you use, you want to give it a shake or turn halfway through cooking.  One note about pre-heating....I have a small Cook' Companion that I started off with (and thus began my love affair with Air Fryers), and then I bought the 3.5 at from eerily-which is made by Kaloric. His manual says not to pre-heat, but his recipe cards say otherwise. My solution is simply to add two minutes to the total time when directions say to pre-heat.  Another thing I have come across is that a number of people and manuals say NOT to use it for bacon or fatty cuts of meat.  So far, I have had no problems with Turkey bacon, chicken sausage (links a well as lean patties) or Morning Star products.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry I don't have an airfryer so I don't have any recipes. Recipes on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=air+fryer+recipes Use the tab across the top to select the category of recipes you want to look at. There is an arrow where you can arrow over to see all the categories. You could also search the different brands of airfryers to view their recipes.

Contributor

I have a Phillips Air Fryer and love it.  I have done New Your Strip Steak in it and it

works GREAT  I took the steak and forked it all over on both sides.  Then I marinaded

it with equal parts of Teriyaki Marinade sauce and Soy Sauce for several hours, turning

every 30 minutes and forking the meat when I turned it.

Then a fixed up an equal amount of Weber Chicgo Steak Seasoning & McCormick

Montrael Steak Seasoning and mixed together in a jar that I can sprinkle with.  After the

marinade is done and the steak is ready I take steak out of the sauce and sprinkle both

sides with seasoning.  Then put in the Air Fryer basket.  I cook at 360° for around

12 minutes.  It turns out great every time.

You can adjust your time as to how done you want your meat.  We don't like ours to

raw and the 12 minutes works great for us.

Note:  I stray the basket with non-stick Crisco spray before putting the steak in on both

sides of the wire.  After the steak is done I let the basket cool off a bit then add some

white vinegar, dawn dishsoap and HOT water to the basket and let it sit while we eat.

It is a breeze to clean up.  I use a paint brush to run over the wire and its.clean.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Schultzi

Contributor

Pork Chops

1}  Brush pork chops lightly with mustard

2}  Sprinkle with lemon pepper

3}  Put in for 17 minutes approximately

3 minutes preheat

10 minutes cooking

add

4 additional minutes.

We thought very good.  Adjust time according to thickness of meat.