Trusted Contributor

Just a quick FYI.  Wegmans's is NOT all over the country.  I live near a major city, and I have never seen Junior's in any store.  The fancy cheesecakes in stores near me (as well as the big layer cakes), are always in the $40-$50 range. 

Trusted Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

Just a quick FYI.  Wegmans's is NOT all over the country.  I live near a major city, and I have never seen Junior's in any store.  The fancy cheesecakes in stores near me (as well as the big layer cakes), are always in the $40-$50 range. 

Just a quick fyi for you too-WalMart and Kroger both carry Junior's cakes.   

Super Contributor
I agree the cakes are expensive, though I've never made one for under or even near ten dollars. Still I have bought Junior's pumpkin pie cheesecake since the first year it was offered. Nearly everyone, including me, likes it.

It's a matter of priorities. I always make a cherry, a pumpkin, and a pecan pie for Thanksgiving and some years have added a chocolate or a lemon pie, because I can't find any other pies I like as well. I bake the day before dinner, and my oven is filled with turkey the day we eat. I simply don't have the time or energy to make a cheesecake. We really like that one from Juniors so I'm willing to pay for it.

The rest of the year I make my own but not at Thanksgiving.
Respected Contributor
Oh, we like Junior's, too @bluetail fly, and we're willing to pay for it--just not from QVC.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

It's not a matter of disagreement.

I don't know one person who's baked a cheesecake at home, myself included, whose finished product, obviously including ingredients, ended up costing anywhere near QVC's price.

And, again, Junior's cheesecakes are sold not only at Wegmans, but also at other supermarkets--and well below QVC's inflated price. That's a fact, too.

Q's offerings are helpful for those who might be housebound and unable to shop, but a bargain, they're not.

As Martha Stewart might say, price comparison is a good thing.

I didn't say my cheesecakes cost as high as Juniors, I said they were NOT $10 as the previous post claimed.

I don't think anybody claimed Juniors are a 'bargain'.  They are a renowed bakery and priced as such.

Wegman's may have them 'cheaper' but they are still NOT cheap. 

A good bakery here will charge $35+ for a cheesecake.  Wegman's Canolli Cheesecakes are quite expensive.