Respected Contributor

I forgot who it was I promised this recipe to, but here it is, and boy, is it good! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} This one is also from The Butch Bakery Cookbook. BUY IT!!!

CAMP OUT CUPCAKES

Ingredient Roster:

For the graham cracker & milk chocolate swirl:

3 2 1/1" x 5" graham crackers (I buy pre-crushed graham crackers at Dollar Tree)

1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened

1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

1/8 tsp. salt

2 1.55 oz. milk chocolate bars such as Hershey's, broken into 1 1/2" squares (I use Hershey's - 2 blocks is just the right size)

For the Vanilla-Cinnamon Cupcakes:

1 1/2 cups AP flour

2 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (I use a little more - I love cinnamon)

10 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened

1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract

1/2 cup whole milk

1/2 cup heavy cream

(NOTE: I don't buy whole milk, so I used 2/3 cup cream and 1/3 cup skim milk)

S'more's Topping:

2 1.55 oz. milk chocolate bars, broken into 1 1/2" squares

6 giant marshmallows, sliced in half lengthwise

Plan of Attack:

Make the Graham Cracker & Milk Chocolate Swirl:

In the bowl of a food processor combine all of the ingredients (except chocolate) into fine crumbs; transfer to a small bowl.

Make the cupcakes:

Preheat oven to 350° and line two 6 cup jumbo muffin pans with liners.

Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.

In another bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well-combined.

Add the flour mixture, milk, and cream, mixing only until the dry ingredients are incorporated. (Batter is very thick.)

Spread 1 heaping Tbs. of batter into the botom of each prepared muffin cup. Evenly sprinkle one level Tbs. of graham cracker swirl on top of the batter, then place one of the squares of chocolate on top. Cove with one more Tbs. of batter and smooth the tops.

Bake, rotating halfway through, until tops are firm to the touch - about 25 minutes.

Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Cupcake Construction:

Place the cupcakes back in the pans and top each one with a square of chocolate and then 1/2 of a giant marshmallow. Place one pan at a time under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, watching carefully, until the marshmallows are puffed and lightly browned. (You might have to move the pans a bit to get the tops evenly browned).

Because this cookbook is written by manly men, it includes this: {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Power Tool Alert:

Use that baby blowtorch to brown the marshmallows to perfection!

/><span style=

Trusted Contributor

It was ME! Thank you SOOOO much FHG! I was hoping you hadn't forgotten and I didn't want to be a pest! My mission this summer is to perfect a S'more cupcake of some type. I've made two different types and while each one tasted ok, it wasn't what I was looking for.

Thank you thank you thank you! I really do need to find this book now!