Respected Contributor

Some Jimmy Dean-branded sausage links have been recalled, due to metal in the meat. 

If you haven't already heard this news story, you can certainly look it up  online or on TV  if interested.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jimmy Dean Sausage Recall

Will have to look up the information. I had not heard about it. We just bought the Sage sausage. It is a favorite in our house.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Will have to look up the information. I had not heard about it. We just bought the Sage sausage. It is a favorite in our house.

@drizzellla

We used to by that one. We started buying it from the meat market. It does not have near the fat in it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz

@drizzellla

As mentioned in my original post,  only  the Jimmy Dean sausage links  are in question in this recall--not  ground sausage, as far as I know.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@Nightowlz

@drizzellla

As mentioned in my original post,  only  the Jimmy Dean sausage links  are in question in this recall--not  ground sausage, as far as I know.

OH! Thanks

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@novamc1 wrote:

@Nightowlz

@drizzellla

OH! Thanks

@novamc1

Thanks. I looked up the recall. There was a pic of the packaging. I don't eat that kind of sausage so we don't have any of it.

I guess today we take our chances with what we consume. You never know what might be in it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks.  I heard that on the news and have Jimmy Dean sausage patties right now.  

I know the recall is on the links so guess I'm OK and have eaten half the package already and they are fine.