Honored Contributor

8DB64DFB-D003-4901-AE4D-4A4DDF04EBD1.jpeg

The Jennifer Aniston Salad is fresh, crunchy, healthy, and packed with plant-based protein. I’ve been eating it on repeat as a light lunch and protein-filled snack after a challenging workout, plus I plan on making this salad for every BBQ or potluck I host or attend from now until Labor Day.

This recipe makes a TON of salad which is great because you can portion it out for easy lunches all week long. I also started lifting weights this past spring, and have been upping my protein intake. That said, I find a big scoop of Jennifer Aniston Salad makes a great post-workout snack. Love that boost of protein and nutrition!

Feel free to pair with grilled or roasted chicken, roasted or sauteed shrimp, a sizzling grilled steak, or even a sliced avocado to add healthy fats. YASS!

INGREDIENTS

serves a crowd

• 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
  • 1 cup dry quinoa
  • 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 English cucumber, diced
  • 1/2 small red onion, minced
  • 1/2 packed cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
  • 1/2 loosely-packed cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup roasted salted pistachios, chopped
  • 1 cup (4oz) crumbled feta cheese
  • salt and pepper, to taste

• For the Lemon Dressing:
    • 1/2 cup lemon juice (3-4 lemons)
    • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
    • 1 Tablespoon honey
    • salt and pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. For the Lemon Dressing: Add ingredients to a jar with a tight fitting lid, or small bowl, then shake or whisk to combine.
  2. Add chicken or vegetable stock to a small saucepan over high heat then bring to a boil. Add quinoa then turn heat down to low, place a lid on top, and simmer until quinoa is tender and broth has been absorbed, 15 minutes. Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork then scoop into a storage container or large mixing bowl with a lid to cool. Once cool, cover then refrigerate until chilled. Can be done a day or two ahead of time.
  3. Add chilled quinoa to a large mixing bowl then add remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing then toss to combine and serve, or refrigerate for up to 3 days.

NOTES

• Be sure to purchase quinoa that’s labeled “pre-rinsed”. I like Bob's Red Mill Organic Quinoa 
  • The quinoa is best cooked a day ahead of time so it’s chilled and ready to be mixed with the rest of the salad ingredients on the day you want to eat.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

It's NOT her salad! She has repeatedly stated this 

Respected Contributor

I don't care whose valid it is. It sounds delicious, right up my alley. 

Thanks for posting!

Respected Contributor

I don't care whose salad it is. It sounds delicious, right up my alley. 

Thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl  How did you keep that salad fresh for a week?  Did you store in a vacuum pack container?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Chi-town girl  How did you keep that salad fresh for a week?  Did you store in a vacuum pack container?

@Mz iMac - I haven't made it yet - copied from my social feed.

I use lock n lock containers for lunch prep for myself and family. I will divide this recipe into individual sized containers for bento box style lunches. I'm going to try it soon and will post my experience and recommendations 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Jennifer Aniston Salad

[ Edited ]

this looks amazing altho I am not a fan of quinoa-----I think I would start out making only 1/2 or even 1/4 of the recipe just to see if I like it. Think salmon or shrimp would taste good in it too. I do like chick peas but think  white beans would be good too. Lots of possiblities for this recipe

Honored Contributor

Re: Jennifer Aniston Salad

[ Edited ]

@wagirl wrote:

this looks amazing altho I am not a fan of quinoa-----I think I would start out making only 1/2 or even 1/4 of the recipe just to see if I like it. Think salmon or shrimp would taste good in it too. I do like chick peas but think  white beans would be good too. Lots of possiblities for this recipe

@wagirl - I've seen similar recipes using orzo instead of quinoa - substitutes for quinoa = brown rice, couscous, barley

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl --yes--I bought a combo, already cooked, pkg of 7 assorted grains to use!! Also cooked up salmon  to throw in it too--Am looking forward to trying this.

Respected Contributor

I gave this a try and it was so good!  I cut the recipe in 1/4 and had it as a side dish, not a main course.  I did sub some ingredients - didn't use the red onion, parsley or mint and added avocado and chopped kalamata olives. I also used a mix of both red and white quinoa and used some lemon olive oil mixed with regular extra virgin olive oil (so next time I could probably use just the lemon oil and less lemon juice I think).  This tasted even better when I gave the leftovers a day in the fridge to chill and have the dressing fully infuse all the ingredients.

I would definitely make this again. Smiley Happy