Contributor

I usually like to save all the recipes from the recipe game. Sometimes I have seen a recap at the end of the end of the month. I haven't seen a post like that; so I thought I would post it in case anyone else is like me and keeps them together. If this has been posted already - I apologize. ( I think I have them all and gave credit where due. If not please let me know.)

Blueberry Jello Salad By: lavendarsage

2 (3 oz) pkgs. raspberry jello
*2 cups boiling liquid- water plus reserved juice
*1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple,drained and juice reserved
1 (21 oz.) can blueberry pie filling
1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup toasted pecans

Combine reserved pineapple juice and enough water to make 2 cups-bring to boil in pan or microwave. Combine boiling liquid with jello; stir until dissolved. Stir in pineapple and pie filling. Put into a pretty bowl or 9x 13 glass dish. Chill until firm.
With a mixer,cream together the cream cheese and sugar- then add sour cream and vanilla and mix until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture over firm jello. Chill. Just before serving, sprinkle toasted pecans on top.

MICROWAVE LEMONY SOLE By: silversue

4 TO 6 fillets of sole

3T soft butter

2T horseradish (from a jar)

1T fresh lemon juice

Grated zest from half a lemon

salt and pepper

Sprinkle sole with salt and pepper.

Combine rest and spread some on each fillet.

Fole each in half from end to end and put in a casserole disih.

Top each evenly with rest of mixture and cover dish.

MICROWAVE - High X 8 minutes. Drain to serve

Lemon & Parm. crusted Salmon By: ce56

1 1/4 lb salmon filet (whole)

2 Tab. butter melted

1/4 tea. salt

3/4 cup fresh white bread crumbs

1/4 cup parm. cheese

2 Tab. sliced green onion

2 tea. lemon zest

1/4 tea thyme

heat oven to 375 spray baking pan. dry salmon with papertowels. Put fish in pan skin side down, brush with 1 Tab. butter. Sprinkle with salt.

Mix bread crumbs, cheese, onions, zest and thyme. Stir in remaining butter. Press crumbs on fish. Bake uncovered 15 to 25 min

Taco Joe's Dip By: sue-p

15 oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes
8 oz. can tomato sauce
4 oz. can chopped green chilies, drained
1 envelope taco seasoning
1/2 cup chopped onion
Tortilla chips

In a slow cooker, combine the first 8 ingredients.
Cover and cook on LOW heat for 5-7 hours.
Serve hot with tortilla chips.

Yield: about 7 cups.

Slow Cooker Lasagna By: digo

This is a weight watchers recipe, I do not know what the new point value would be, it was 8 when I found this recipe online last year. This is so good and easy.

1 pound uncooked lean ground beef ( i use morning star farms crumbles)

1 small onion chopped

1 medium garlic clove minced (i used the minced in jar)

28 oz. can crushed tomatoes

15 oz can tomato sauce

1 tsp salt, 1 tsp. dried oregano,1/2 tsp. dried basil, 1/4 tsp.crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)

1 cup part skim ricotta cheese

1 and 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese, divided

6 dry lasagna noodles no cook ( i used barilla whole wheat)

1/2 cup parm cheese or romano or parm reggiano cheese

Heat a large non stick skillet over med. high heat. Add beef, onion and garlic cook stirring frequently, break up meat as you cook about 5 to 7 minutes. Add both cans of tomatoes and the spices, simmer allowing flavors to blend. 10 mins or so.

In a med bowl stir together ricotta cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese

Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture in 5 qt. crock pot (i use the liners in my pot) Break 3 lasagna sheets in half and arrange over beef mixture, top with half ricotta cheese mixture. Repeat with another layer and finish with remaining 1/3 of beef mixture.

Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hours. Remove cover turn off heat.

In a small bowl combine remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella and parm cheeses, sprinkle over the lasagna. Recover and let set till cheese melts and pasta firms up about 10 minutes.

Brown Rice Casserole By: KathyinColorado

This recipe is great as a side dish for beef.

1 stick butter or margarine

1 small onion, finely chopped

1 cup uncooked long grain white rice (use brown instead)

2 cans beef consomme soup

1/3 cup shredded American cheese

In a saucepan, saute butter and onion until translucent, set aside. In casserole dish, mix rice and soup. Stir in onion and butter mixture. Top with shredded cheese. Bake, covered, 1 1/4 hours at 350. You may want to uncover the dish for the last 15 minutes of bake time. Serves 4-6.

Scalloped Potatoes with Pork Chops By: sue-p

6 medium Potatoes, pared and sliced evenly, about 1/4th inch thick
3 cups Medium White Sauce
6 Bone-In Pork Chops (1/2" thick), uncooked

Place sliced potatoes in a 3 quart casserole or 9x13" pan.
Cover with the warm white sauce.
Place the pork chops on top.
Season with salt and pepper.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
Serves 6.

Medium White Sauce:

6 tbsp. butter
6 tbsp. flour
3 cups milk
salt and pepper

Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Blend in flour and seasoning. Add milk gradually and cook until thickened, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
Posted by sue-p 1/13/11

Garlic Potatos By: ce56

5 or 6 potatos peeled, halved lengthwise

2 cups chicken stock (I use bullion cause I like the saltiness with the potatos)

4 or 5 Tab. butter

2 Tab. minced Garlic

Preheat oven to 400 Melt butter in baking dish, put garlic in pan, lay potatos cut side down on garlic. Using a turkey baster put enough stock in pan to come up about 1/2 way on potaots. Baste every 15 min. (adding more stock if necessary) for 1 hr.

Potatos will be browned on top and light and fluffy inside. let them set a few min. they will soak up whatever stock is left in the pan

APPETIZER BACON-WRAPPED WATER CHESTNUTS SAUCE By: Chicagoan

1 stick butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
6 tbsp. ketchup
1 tsp. dried mustard
3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
4 cans whole water chestnuts
Bacon

Melt butter in saucepan and add remaining ingredients. Stir until mixture is simmering. This should make enough sauce for 4 cans of water chestnuts.

Directions For Wrapping Water Chestnuts:
Cut bacon into pieces big enough to wrap around water chestnut and place on cookie sheet seam down. After wrapping all chestnuts I put filled cookie sheet into freezer until they are firm enough to place in plastic bags until I am ready to cook them.

Cooking Instructions:
Cook seam down in cake pan or something deep enough to hold excess grease at 350 degrees until browned. Drain on paper towels. I usually put baked water chestnuts in the crock pot and pour the sauce over them and cook on low just to keep warm (a chafing dish works well also). Avoid unnecessary stirring.

Baked Stuffed Shrimp By: Beebee2

The shrimp can be stuffed and refrigerated well in advance and baked just before serving if desired.

12 jumbo shrimp shelled and deveined
3 t olive oil
1 c coarse bread crumbs from day old bread
1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
1 T finely chopped Italian parsley
1 t grated lemon zest
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 T chopped fresh parsley

Split the shrimp along the backs but not all the way through. Spray a baking pan with olive oil cooking spray. Arrange the shrimp on the pan.

Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add the bread crumbs and cook, stirring over medium low heat until the bread is golden. Add parsley, garlic and lemon zest; cook, stirring 1 minute. Remove from heat. Preheat oven to 450 deg. F. Carefully pack the bread mixture into opening in each shrimp, dividing mixture evenly among all shrimp. Brush or drizzle each shrimp with the remaining oil. Bake until shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice before serving. Yields: 4 Servings

Couscous with Roasted Veggies and Feta By: vabreeze

1 zucchini, chopped

1 squash, chopped

1 red pepper, chopped

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for roasting

Kosher salt and pepper, to taste

1 10-ounce box garlic-flavored instant couscous

Lemon juice, to taste

1/4 cup feta cheese

Herbs (optional)

Preheat oven to 400°. Place veggies on large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes. Set aside. (Note-- Versatility applies; can use veggies of your liking).

Prepare couscous per box instructions.

In large bowl, combine prepared couscous and roasted veggies. Add 2 TBS olive oil, lemon juice, feta and your choice of herbs. Season with salt and pepper

Michael's Favorite Oxtails with Buttered Rice

2 oxtails

house seasoning

several dashes soy sauce

2 large yellow onions sliced in 1/2 moons

3-4 bay leaves

Buttered Rice By: ce56

2 c. uncooked rice

4 c. water

1 stick butter

kosher salt

heat oven to 350

trim fat from oxtails. In broiling pan toss oxtails with house seasoning and soy sauce. Top with onions and bay leaves. Add water to fill pan 1/4 way to top. Cover with foil and bake until tender, about 2 1/2 to 4 hours. Remove foil and brown in oven additional 5 to 8 min.

Prepare rice according to package directions, adding butter and salt to taste. Serve rice alongside oxtails

HOUSE SEASONING

1 c. salt

1/4 c. black pepper

1/4 c. garlic powder

Pistachio Cake By: littlerflower9

1pkg. white or yellow Duncan Hines cake mix

1 box instant pistachio pudding (I use the small box)

1 c. club soda

1 c. oil

3 eggs

1 c. nuts

Combine cake mix, pudding mix club soda, oil, eggs and nuts, mix.

Bake at 350 degrees for 55 min.

Irene’s Broccoli and Corn Casserole (from Nov. 1995 American Health Magazine) From vabreeze

Nonstick cooking spray

1 bunch broccoli (1½ lbs), bottom of stems trimmed off

2 cans (14½ oz each) creamed corn

1 large egg

1 cup fresh bread crumbs (I use buttered bread crumbs)

½ tsp salt

? tsp pepper

Heat oven to 350°. Spray a 2-qt. shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Cut the broccoli florets from the tops of the stems. Cut florets into bite-sized pieces; set aside. Cut the stems into ¼- inch slices. Place the stems in a large steamer and cover tightly. Steam 4 minutes. Add the florets and steam 4 minutes longer, tossing once, until crisp-tender but still bright green. Drain well and pat very dry with paper towels

Stir together creamed corn, egg, half of the bread crumbs, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in broccoli. Turn the mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle evenly with remaining bread crumbs.

Roasted Parsnips Recipe By: lavendersage (from simply recipes)

<br /> Note that parsnips at the end of the season (February vs. November) can have a woodier center, which no amount of cooking can soften. If this is the case with your parsnips, you might want to cut some of the center part out and discard before cooking.<br /> Ingredients<br /> <br /> * 1 1/2 pounds of parsnips, peeled and cut into 2 1/2 inch batons
* 4 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
* Salt and freshly ground pepper
* 1/3 cup of stock - turkey stock, low-sodium chicken stock or vegetable broth (for vegetarian option)*
* 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
* 4 teaspoons drained, bottled horseradish (how to make homemade horseradish)
* 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
* 1/2 Tbsp minced chives
* 1/2 small garlic clove, minced.

*If cooking gluten-free, use homemade stock or gluten-free packaged broth.
Method

1 Pre-heat oven to 400°F. In a large roasting pan, toss the parsnips with the olive oil, salt and pepper. (Use a roasting pan with sides no more than 2 inches high.) Add the broth, cover with aluminum foil and roast, stirring once or twice, until the parsnips are tender and the stock has evaporated or been absorbed, 20-45 minutes (depending on how tender the parsnips are to begin with). Check often to avoid their getting mushy - especially if they are to be reheated later.

2 Combine the softened butter with the horseradish, parsley, chives and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Toss the warm roasted parsnips with the horseradish-herb butter and serve.

3 The parsnips (with the oil, salt, pepper, and broth) can be pre-cooked in a covered container in the microwave for 5 minutes. Transfer to oven to finish cooking in a much shorter time. You may want to uncover them to help evaporate the liquid when in the oven.

Serves 4.

Smokey Salmon-Crab Cakes By: vabreeze

1 (14.75) can of salmon (reserve some of the liquid)

2 -3 tsp Liquid Smoke

12 oz lump crab meat

1 cup seasoned bread crumbs

2 TBS finely diced green/red bell peppers

1/4- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced

1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning

1 large egg

2 TBS mayo

2 TBS mustard

1 tsp Tabasco Sauce

salt and pepper to taste

Pick bones from canned salmon and reserve a bit of the liquid. Add Liquid Smoke to salmon and blend. Add in crab meat. In another bowl, mix well 1/2 cup of bread crumbs through tabasco sauce ingredients; add to bowl with salmon and crabmeat. Mix well (your hands are your best mixer) without breaking up lump crabmeat If mixture appears too dry, add a bit of the reserved liquid from the can of salmon.

Spread remaining bread crumbs on a plate. Make cakes out of the salmon-crab mixture and coat cakes in bread crumbs on all sides. Fry in butter or margarine until golden brown, turning so all sides are crisp and brown-- about 2-3 minutes on each side.

Velveeta and Sausage Party Rye Pizzas By: chicagoan

Ingredients
Cocktail Party Rye Bread
Velveeta Cheese, 16 oz
Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage, 16 oz
Ketchup, 3 tbsp or more
Garlic powder, 1 tbsp
Oregano, ground, 1 tbsp

Directions
Break up and Brown sausage in a skillet.
Melt Velveeta with browned sausage.
Stir in ketchup, garlic, and oregano.
Spread mixture onto rye bread and place on cookie sheet.

Bake rye bread pizzas at 350 degrees until desired crispness

Beef Stroganoff with Tenderloin Fillet (filet mignon) By: Beebee2

Slice and place meat in freezer 15 minutes. Sauce and meat are prepared 10 minutes before you are ready to serve.

1 1/2 lb beef tenderloin fillet
Salt and pepper
3 T butter, divided
2 T all-purpose flour
2 c beef consommé
2 t prepared Dijon style mustard
1/4 c sour cream, eyeball it
1 T extra-virgin olive oil or vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan in a slow stream
1/2 small onion, sliced
1/3 c coarsely chopped cornichons
1 lb extra wide egg noodles, cooked to package directions
Chopped parsley leaves, garnish
Thickly sliced pumpernickel bread, optional

Slice meat into 1/2-thick by 2 -inch long very thin strips and season with salt and pepper. Set in freezer.

Heat a skillet over medium heat. Melt 2 tablespoons butter and cook with flour 1 minute. Whisk in consommé. Thicken 1 minute. Stir in mustard and sour cream, thicken 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and season sauce with salt and pepper.