Trusted Contributor

@aroc3435 

Totally understand!  Thanks.  I want to prepare this soon.

Career

Next ingredient: oats

Esteemed Contributor

Quaker oatmeal meatloaf

1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
3/4 cup Quaker® Oats
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup catsup
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation

Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly.

Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until meatloaf is to medium doneness (160°F for beef), until not pink in center and juices show no pink color.

Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

As good as the meatloaf is, it would not be complete without the sauce. Mom formed the mixture into a loaf and placed it in the middle of a roast pan to cook. Twenty minutes before it was done, the grease/liquid was drained off. She then covered the meatloaf with

1/2 cup of grated onion, followed by 1 cup of (Heinz) ketchup mixed with 4T of brown sugar, 4T vinegar, 2T Worchestershire Sauce.

Heated mixed ingredients but did not boil.

Next ingredient:  Eggs

Honored Contributor

Re: JULY 2019 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

Mini-Frittatas......Giada De Laurentis Recipe

(good recipe for brunch)

8 large EGGS

1/2 cup whole milk

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 ozs. thinly sliced ham, chopped

1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray 2 mini-muffin pans (each with 24 cups) with non-stick spray.  Whisk the EGGS,  milk, pepper and salt until blended well. Stir in the ham, cheese, and parsley.  Fill prepared muffin cups almost to top with the EGG mixture.  Bake until the EGG mixture puffs and is set in the center, about 8-10 minutes.  Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittatas from the muffin cups and slide them onto a platter.  Serve immediately.

NEXT INGREDIENT ...... BREAD CRUMBS, regular or 

Panko

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 7.02.44 AM.png

Coconut Chicken Tenders with Sweet/Spicy Sauce

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
2 pounds chicken tenders
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoons black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup panko crumbs
Oil for frying

Dipping Sauce:
1 cup mango nectar 
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 teaspoons Sriracha
1 teaspoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons honey

red pepper flakes for garnishing, optional

INSTRUCITONS:

If baking instead of frying chicken tenders, the coconut need to be toasted. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place coconut in a thin layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 5-8 minutes, stirring halfway. Keep a close eye on coconut after the halfway point as it goes from light to toasted within seconds. Remove and stir. Allow to cool. If frying, do not pre-toast coconut.

In a small vessel, combine salt, pepper, and garlic powder. This is the seasoning mixture. Set aside.

Add eggs, milk, and 1/3 of the seasoning mixture into a wide shallow bowl. Beat eggs. Set aside.

Add flour and the remaining seasoning mixture into second wide shallow bowl. Mix to combine. 

In a third wide shallow bowl combine coconut and panko crumbs.

To coat chicken: Dip chicken into the flour mixture to coat. Shake off excess. Dip into egg mixture. Allow excess to drip off. Dip into the coconut/panko mixture, patting coconut onto chicken. Place onto a baking sheet. Continue coating the remaining chicken. Allow tenders to rest about 30 minutes to allow time for the coating to stick.

Make sauce: a small saucepan, off heat, whisk mango nectar and cornstarch until there are no lumps. Whisk in the remaining dipping sauce ingredients. Place on medium high heat, whisking frequently. When sauce begins to bubble, whisk constantly until thicken. Remove from heat. Garnish with red pepper flakes just before serving, optional.

If frying, preheat 1 1/2 to 2 inch oil to 360 degrees F in a skillet. Working in batches, add chicken. Fry for 5-8 minutes or until cooked through, turning over halfway. Cooking time varies with size of tenders and fluctuating heat.

If baking, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chicken on a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. 

Serve with dipping sauce. Makes about 14 chicken tenders.

Recipe Notes:

• To help breading stick, shake off excess flour and egg wash while coating tenders.
  • To prevent coating from falling off during baking or frying, allow tenders to rest about 30 minutes after breading to give it time to stick prior to cooking.

Next ingredient:  Evaporated or Condensed Milk

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Lime Squares

Crust:  2/3 cup, ground pistachios, 1 cup graham crackers, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp lime zest, 1/2 stick (4 tbsp) unsalted butter,

Filling: 2 egg yolks, 1 can (14oz) SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK, 1/2 cup lime juice.

Preheat oven to 350. Brush an 8 inch square pan with a little melted butter. Then, line it with parchment paper, leaving 2 .inches on sides to overhang, Melt and cool the butter. In a  processor, finely grind the pistachios, graham crackers, sugar and lime zest. Blend in the melted and cooled butter. Press into the prepared pan. Place to 1 inch up the sides. Bake till lightly brown, 8-12 minutes. Cool 30 minutes.

In a large bowl, whisk the yolks and the SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK. Add the lime juice and whisk till smooth. Pour into cooled crust. Bake until set, about 15 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack then chill at least 1 hour. Use a serrated knife to cut 16 squares, wiping the knife with a damp cloth between cuts.

NEXT INGREDIENT: BLACKBERRIES 

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

Very Good Stuffed Celery

Ingredients

• 4 - 5 stalks celery - washed and dried
  • 1 8 oz cream cheese - softened
  • 1/4 cup bacon - chopped
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese - grated
  • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley - chopped
  • 1 tablespoon fresh chives - chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
  • 3 dashes hot sauce

Instructions

1. Cut celery stalks in half and set aside. Using a food processor or hand held mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add in bacon, cheese, parsley, chives, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Pulse or blend until all ingredients are combined. 
  2. Using a small spoon, fill the celery "boat" with cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with addition chives and bacon if desired. Serve immediately.

@KatieB  What a blast f on my he past! Haven't made that in at least 20 years. Thanks. I'll make it but since we don't eat bacon anymore, I'll try it with a sub.

Thanks again.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOW CARB GLUTEN FREE BLUEBERRY COBBLER

COURSE: DESSERT
CUISINE: AMERICAN
KEYWORD: LOW CARB COBBLER

COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES

SERVINGS: 9 SERVINGS

CALORIES: 103KCAL

INGREDIENTS
  • 3 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 2/3 cup almond flour
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 cup low carb sugar substituteadd more if needed
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 6 tablespoons butter melted
INSTRUCTIONS
  • Pour berries into greased 9?x9? pan.
  • Sprinkle with lemon juice and xanthan gum.
  • Stir almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener and egg until mixture resembles coarse meal.
  • Sprinkle dry mixture over berries.
  • Drizzle melted butter over topping.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until top is browned.
NOTES
The sweetener in the recipe was cut way back to 1/4 cup. If you like it on the sweeter side you can more.

Makes 9 servings

Nutrition per serving: 103 calories, 8.3g fat, 62mg sodium, 7.1g carbs, 1.2g fiber, 5.9g net carbs, 1.1g protein

NUTRITION

Serving: 64g | Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.1g | Protein: 1.1g | Fat: 8.3g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 39mg| Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 4.9g | Vitamin A: 5% | Vitamin C: 14% | Calcium: 1% | Iron: 4%

74A7C9FD-DECF-4F49-9E29-EF06A79DCF86.jpeg

Next Ingredient: DILL
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Light Tuna Salad

from Recipe Land website  Serves 6

Featured Ingredient:  DILL

10 oz. (two 5 oz. cans) solid white tuna, well drained

1/4 cup freshly minced celery

2 Tbsp. mayonnaise

1 Tbsp. sour cream

1 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish

1 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese

1 tsp. dried dill weed

1 tsp. parsley flakes

1/4 tsp. curry powder

1/4 tsp. dried onion flakes

1 pinch garlic powder

Mix all together and refrigerate.  Can be served as a sandwich filling, in lettuce cups, or on crackers.

This is a new recipe for me.  I plan on making it for lunch or dinner tomorrow and serving in finger rolls (if I can find them in the grocer's) or frankfurter rolls, toasted lightly.  Will serve with a side of my homemade potato salad and some freshly steamed green beans as sides.

NEXT INGREDIENT:  WILD CARD--POSTER'S CHOICE

Please surprise us!  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@walker  I hearted your post, but had to add to it.  Today, I made your Blueberry Croissant Puff and it is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS.  My DH & I enjoyed it.  Thank you for posting this recipe which is now a keeper.  

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the poster’s choice @aroc3435 

my ingredient is Plums

I just made this plum pie (using the small “Californian” plums) and I thought it was very good.  I used the easiest pie crust (2 times for 8” pie) and it was so easy to roll out.  It tasted great with the plums. The recipe comes from Apt2bbakingco.com

Plum Pie

2 1/2 times Easiest Pie Crust Ever  (see below) split into two discs (sub 1/2 of the all purpose flour for rye)

2 lbs (900g) Italian plums

1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar

seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup (30g) flour

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

5 shakes/dashes cardamom bitters or 1/2 teaspoon cardamom

(I used cardamom)

pinch salt

Preheat the oven to 400º F and place a rack in the bottom of the oven. In a large bowl combine the sugar and vanilla bean seeds. Use your fingers to rub the and seeds into the sugar until well combined and fragrant. Stir in the flour, cinnamon, and salt.

Pit and cut the plums into quarters. Add them to the bowl but don't stir quite yet.

On a lightly floured surface, roll out one piece of the dough into a roughly 12-inch circle about 1/8-inch thick and place it into a 9-inch pie pan. Place in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the pie. Roll out the other piece of dough into a roughly 12-inch circle, about 1/8-inch thick.

Add the bitters to the filling, then gently stir the filling ingredients together. Fill the pie shell, press gently to compact the fruit, and top with the second crust.

Trim the edges so they are even, then crimp them together. Alternately, cut the second crust into 1 1/2 to 2-inch strips and weave a lattice top.

Slide the whole pie into the fridge or freezer for about 15 minutes or until the crust is very firm. When you are ready to bake, carefully and gently brush the top of the pie with a beaten egg and sprinkle with a healthy dose of coarse sugar.

Put the pie on a baking sheet to catch any drips and bake for 45-55 minutes or until the crust is deep golden brown and the juices bubble. Cool before slicing

*THE EASIEST PIE CRUST, EVER

Makes 1 crust for a single crust pie, galette, or about 6 small handpies

1 cup (125g) all purpose flour  or gluten-free flour blend

4 ounces (115g) cream cheese, cold and cut into bits

3 ounces (86g) unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes

pinch salt

pinch sugar, optional

Add the flour, salt and sugar if using to a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Scatter the butter and cream cheese over the top. Pulse the mixture until is starts to hold together, then dump the contents of the food processor onto a clean work surface and gather it into a ball. Wrap the ball in plastic, press it into a disc, and refrigerate at least 2 hours before using.

Next ingredient:  cucumbers

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela