• tablespoon butter, melted
  • pound ground beef
  • medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
  • can (14.5 ounces) canned whole tomatoes, cut up
  • can (about 8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
  • medium green pepper, cut lengthwise into quarters
How to Make It
Step 1

Stir 1/4 cup stuffing and butter in a medium bowl.

Step 2

Cook the beef and onion in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat.  Pour off any fat.

Step 3

Stir the tomatoes and corn in the skillet.  Add the remaining stuffing and mix lightly.

Step 4

Arrange the peppers, cut-side up, in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.  Spoon the beef mixture over the peppers.  Cover the baking dish.

Step 5

Bake at 400°F. for 25 minutes or until the peppers are tender.  Sprinkle with the reserved stuffing mixture.  Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the topping is golden.

I want to thank the OPs who start this thread every month.  I have often been inspired by the recipes posted, as well as those I come across in my search to participate.  I've never made this recipe, but I think my DH would like it, though I'd probably substite red or yellow peppers which he prefers.  Bell peppers can be quite pricey, and I like the fact that this recipe only uses two peppers.

Next ingredient: sour cream

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

This may be a repeat from me....I lose track of what I post.  Worth a repeat, I guess.

Carrot Cabbage Slaw

4 cups shredded cabbage

2 cups shredded carrots

2 medium Golden Delicious apples, chopped

1 cup raisins

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1/2 cup honey

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 cup SOUR CREAM

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional

Combine cabbage, carrots, apples, raisins and walnuts;  set aside.  Mix together honey and lemon juice until smooth.  Stir in the SOUR CREAM, salt, pepper and nutmeg, if desired.  Pour over the cabbage mixture and combine well.  Refrigerate until serving.

NEXT INGREDIENT .....  FRESH SPINACH