Honored Contributor

Re: JANUARY 2021 RECIPE GAME

@tiny 2 wrote:

@GenXmuse 

Thank you for the "Cheesy Enchilada Rice Skillet". I made this last night and it was delicious. I only had a half of a green pepper but I found a frozen bag of peppers and onions and retrieved enough red and yellow peppers from the bag to complete the recipe. This is a great meatless meal.

Thank you so much for letting me know! I'm so happy you enjoyed it. I'm making it this weekend! 

Next Ingredient: PAPRIKA 

Honored Contributor

This is a Pioneer Woman recipe....easy and very good.  It comes with a recipe for Pineapple Relish I did not fix so not posting it.  I cut this recipe in half for two people(1 rack ribs)...easy to do.  I did not use the cayenne pepper either.

Brown Sugar Ribs

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

2 Tablespoons PAPRIKA

2 Tablespoons salt

2 teaspoons cayenne pepper

2 teaspoons black pepper

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 oranges, juiced

2 racks baby-back pork ribs, cut in 2" rib-pieces

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix together in large bowl or pan...the brown sugar, PAPRIKA, salt, cayenne,pepper, garlic and orange juice.  Add the ribs and toss until coated evenly.

Cut an aluminum foil sheet that is 18" wide and 24" long.  Place on top of a baking sheet.  Put the ribs on the foil along with any extra juices.  Fold the foil ends over the ribs, followed by sides and seal tightly.  Bake until tender ..about 2 hours.

If desired, after ribs are done you can open package and broil for few minutes to carmelize.

NEXT INGREDIENT ..... CORN

Respected Contributor

Would not be Thanksgiving, or any special occasion, without this recipe!!!

CORN PUDDING

1/2 cup butter melted (I've omitted this sometimes and it's just as good)

2 eggs, beaten

1-16 oz. canned corn drained

1-16 oz. cream style corn

8 oz. sour cream

1-81/2 oz. box Jiffy Corn Bread Mix

1.  In a mixing bowl combine butter, eggs, corns and sour cream. 

2.  Add cornbread mix and stir well.  Pour into long

shallow baking dish.

3.  Bake 350 oven for 45 minutes

Serves 8

Next ingredient:  SOUR CREAM

Honored Contributor

Wasabi And Horseradish Sauce/Dip

E9BE121D-192A-4731-8D71-46D0B492540E.jpeg

If you like a dip or sauce with a kick, this one has it! 

Prep time: 5 Min

Ingredients

1/4 c sour cream
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tbsp prepared horseradish
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp pure wasabi paste
1/2 tsp dill, fresh
1 tsp chives, dried
1/2 tsp tajin fruit seasoning
salt to taste

Directions

1. drain excess liquid from prepared horseradish before measuring
2. Mix all ingredients together and season with salt
3. chill in fridge for a few hours to let flavors meld

Next Ingredient: BROTH (any kind)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

KETO SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE

Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 servings

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 cups Mashed cauliflower (made from med. head trimmed, cut up, cooked until soft.  Whipped well with a little butter, 1 tsp. Minced garlic, and 2Tblsp. Cream cheese)
  • 2 tbsp Olive oil
  • 1 small Onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup Carrots, diced
  • 1/2 cup Green bell peppers, diced
  • 1 lb Ground Beef
  • 1/2 tsp Pink salt
  • 1/4 tsp Black pepper
  • 1 cup Beef bone broth
  • 1 tbsp Coconut aminos
  • 2 tbsp Tomato paste
  • 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Make the mashed cauliflower. Set aside.

2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

3. Heat oil in a lg. enameled cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and peppers. Saute for 6-10 minutes, until lightly browned.

4. Push the vegetables to the sides of the pan. Add the ground beef, breaking apart with your spatula or spoon. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 7-10 minutes, until the meat is browned.

5. Stir in the broth, coconut aminos, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, then simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, until most of the liquid evaporates and you have meat in a thick sauce. Remove from heat.

6. Drop dollops of mashed cauliflower over the pan and use a rubber spatula to spread evenly.

7. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the edges are bubbly.

If you don’t have an enameled skillet, a non-stick will work on the stovetop.  Then transfer the meat mixture to a buttered 8x8 baking dish or 10” glass or pottery pie plate.  Follow up with the mashed cauliflower an bake as directed.

If desired, place under the broiler for 2-4 minutes, until the edges are golden.

***carrots are typically not an approved vegetable on the keto way of eating.  However, in this recipe they are added for flavor and 1/8 cup per serving would not have a significant insulin response. 

NEXT INGREDIENT:  Spaghetti Squash

Honored Contributor

Tuscan Spaghetti Squash

1C7AD6E4-21EE-4FC9-A392-8AE9BA0A3049.jpeg

Tuscan Spaghetti Squash is an easy vegetarian meal perfect for busy week nights. With only 18 net carbs per generous serving, it’s naturally low carb, keto friendly, and gluten free.

Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr 10 mins
Total Time1 hr 20 mins

Course: Dinner, Main Dish
Cuisine: Gluten Free, Low Carb, Vegetarian
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 389kcal
Author: Lauren Vavala
Ingredients
  • 1 medium spaghetti squash
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 4 cloves garlic * minced
  • 1 shallot * minced
  • 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, julienne cut
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese * grated
  • 3 ounces baby spinach
  • fresh parsley * optional, garnish

Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350°F.
  • Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
  • Place on a baking sheet and brush with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until the squash can be easily shredded with a fork.
  • Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
  • While the squash is cooling, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
  • Add the garlic and shallot. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until just starting to soften.
  • Mix in the sun-dried tomatoes and cook an additional minute.
  • Pour in the heavy cream and cook until hot and bubbly, about 1 to 2 more minutes.
  • Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and baby spinach.
  • Once the squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to scrap it all out of the skin.
  • Stir the squash into the cream sauce and toss until everything is evenly coated.
  • Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Notes
Tips and Techniques
  • To save time, you can cook the spaghetti squash in the microwave or make it ahead of time and store it tightly covered in the refrigerator until needed.
  • You can mix in cooked chicken or beef for added protein and heartiness, if desired.
  • Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3 to 5 days.
 Next Ingredient: GOAT CHEESE
Honored Contributor

Roasted Green Beans with GOAT CHEESE and Hazelnuts

1 1/2 lbs. green beans, trimmed

5 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

3/4 teaspoon sugar

kosher salt and pepper

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 teaspoon grated orange zest plus 

2 teaspoons juice

2 teaspoons lemon juice

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

2 tablespoons minced fresh chives 

2 ozs. GOAT CHEESE, crumbled (1/2 cup)

1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned, chopped

Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 475 degrees.  Combine green beans, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in bowl.  Evenly distribute green beans on rimmed baking sheet.

Cover baking sheet tightly with aluminum foil and roast for 10 minutes.  Remove foil and continue to roast until green beans are spotty brown, about 10 minutes longer, stirring halfway through roasting.

Meanwhile, combine garlic, orange zest and remaining oil in medium bowl.  Microwave until bubbling, about one minute, let steep for one minute.  Whisk orange juice, lemon juice, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper into garlic mixture.

Transfer green beans to bowl with dressing, add chives and toss to combine.  Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with GOAT CHEESE and hazelnuts.

(This recipe is from Cook's Country.  I think you could use another type nut if you prefer.)

NEXT INGREDIENT ..... BLUEBERRIES

Honored Contributor

@walker Oh, my goodness this looks delish. I'm going to make this this week. Thanks for the recipe!

NEXT INGREDIENT ..... BLUEBERRIES