Honored Contributor

Italian Roasted Vegetables For Thanksgiving

[ Edited ]

I want a vegetable medley for Thanksgiving.  This looks SO yummy!

I'll cut the potatoes out, add yellow squash, snow peas, and small Brussels Sprouts.

Print

Italian Oven Roasted Vegetables

4.9 from 36 reviews

• Author: Suzy Karadsheh
  • Prep Time: 10 mins
  • Cook Time: 30 mins
  • Total Time: 40 minutes
  • Yield: serves 6 people 1x
Description

Easy Italian oven roasted vegetables. The perfect combination of veggies, simply seasoned and tossed in extra virgin olive oil. The perfect gluten free side dish in minutes.

Ingredients
  • 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, cleaned, ends trimmed
  • 12 oz baby potatoes, scrubbed (Or cut potatoes in halves or cubes depending on size. You want them to be small)
  • 12 oz Campari tomatoes (grape or cherry tomatoes will work also)
  • 2 zucchini (or summer squash), cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1012 large garlic cloves, peeled
  • Extra virgin olive oil (see our olive oil options here)
  • 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • Salt and pepper
  • Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving, optional
  • Crushed red pepper flakes, optional

Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
  2. Place the mushrooms, veggies, and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle generously with olive oil (about 1/4 cup olive oil or so). Add the dried oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
  3. Take the potatoes only and spread them on a lightly-oiled baking pan (I used this one). Roast in heated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and then add the mushrooms and remaining vegetables. Return to oven to roast for another 20 minutes until the veggies are fork-tender (some charring is good!)
  4. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

Notes
  • Cook’s Tip: For best results, don’t skip step #2. To flavor the vegetables well and to ensure they are well-coated with the olive oil and seasonings, it helps to use a big mixing bowl to do that first before transferring to a baking pan or baking sheet.
  • Cook’s Tip #2: Since potatoes take a bit longer to cook, it’s good to give them a head start in the oven. Bake potatoes first for a few minutes until you are able to stick a fork about half way through with just a little bit of resistance (about 10 to 15 minutes).  Also, if you are not using small baby potatoes, may sure to cut them into quarters or diced.
  • What to Serve Along? 
  • Visit our shop for our Olive Oil Bundles, all-natural and organic spices and more.
  • Category: Side Dish
  • Method: Roasted
  • Cuisine: Italian

Keywords: Roasted vegetables, oven roasted vegetables, how to roast vegetables

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Italian Roasted Vegetables For Thanksgiving

This sounds delish! Because I'm pescatarian, I eat vegetables everyday and have almost everything on hand for this dish. I think a trip to the market is in order for the remaining ingredients. Thanks for posting!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  This looks divine.  I'm making it for my work lunches next week.  I'm a veg-head.  Thank you for posting.

I think it was you that posted the recipe for the 9x13 chicken pot pie?  If so, I made it for my friend and her father....they LOVED it.  Her father is 90+ with dementia and "pot pie" brought back a flood of memories.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@ECBG  This looks divine.  I'm making it for my work lunches next week.  I'm a veg-head.  Thank you for posting.

I think it was you that posted the recipe for the 9x13 chicken pot pie?  If so, I made it for my friend and her father....they LOVED it.  Her father is 90+ with dementia and "pot pie" brought back a flood of memories.  Thank you!

@Misplaced Parisian Did you get to taste it?  That crust is A M A Z I N G!!!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian Did you get to taste it?  That crust is A M A Z I N G!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG Sadly, I cannot eat it.  I have food allergies.  It smelled wonderful while it was baking though.  My friend and her father were so delighted it meant the world to me.  I love the 9x13 size so there was leftovers for another meal.  This is a great recipe and will get used a lot by me as I take meals to my friends.  A bag of salad, some chocolates and voila, a complete meal.  Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian Let me know if I can help you adjust it. We just need to delete and replace.  Part of my background was Food Science, although, in retirement I got to do more of the Design part I love so.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

That looks great.  Last Thanksgiving, I did two pans of roast vegetables.  I did it to make things easier on myself and my sister did bring  mashed potatoes but I was pleasantly surprised that everyone loved the roast vegetables.  I did cut my potatoes more that this one. I like the spices on this one. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  What a great recipe. Thanks for sharing. 😋🦃

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

That looks great.  Last Thanksgiving, I did two pans of roast vegetables.  I did it to make things easier on myself and my sister did bring  mashed potatoes but I was pleasantly surprised that everyone loved the roast vegetables.  I did cut my potatoes more that this one. I like the spices on this one. 

@chrystaltree  Thank you.  I never serve more than one starch in a meal.  Insulin surges aren't particularly healthy.  I also have our young grandsons eating a lot of vegetables, and I try to fix them in a lot of ways.  Hopefully, they'll find something they love.

Our family has always served rice even though there was stuffing.  I don't eat the rice (I love stuffing and prefer rice with stir fry), but I may have half a roll, which I won't do at Christmas unless I grill rosemary bread or something. 

I don't ever serve a meal that is all browns and whites, usually indicating starch.  I would never serve corn and potatoes. 

The nutrition count is much higher with other vegetables.

My plates have reds from tomatoes, yellows and greens from squash, green beans, and other vegetables.

With big dinners, I do serve a bread, although, it is a starch.Smiley Happy

My background has Food Science, although, I spent my extra time on Design.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  That recipe looks great, but the roadblock words for me are "serve immediately." When my turkey comes out of the oven to rest, my oyster and bread fillings go in to reheat. When they come out, we sit down. The veg has to withstand a stint in the slow cooker. Any roasted veg would have to be made the night before, because I make my pies in the morning before the turkey goes in. I need TWO OVENS!!