Respected Contributor

It's National Bacon Lovers day !

From Nationaltoday.com

It’s National Bacon Lovers Day on August 20. Arguably our favorite in-office holiday, no smell on Earth is as attractive as the thin-sliced bacon sizzling in a pan and served with anything at hand. Bacon is the hero of every meal it’s incorporated into. No wonder it’s been such a massive part of western cuisine since 1500 B.C. This means, for thousands of years, we have relished the sweet-savory smell of bacon frying, and the chewy taste too. One could argue that it’s now coded into our D.N.A., a historic love for bacon.

I'm a Turkey bacon lover, any bacon lovers out there? How are you celebrating ? Any good recipies using bacon ? Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Re: It's National Bacon Lovers day !

I love bacon!   Everything tastes better with bacon!

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes Have you ever had chocolate covered bacon?

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  Ah,  bacon.  One of my 2 favorite food groups, caffeine and bacon.

There is nothing like a good BLT.  I've been known to have one for breakfast.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Goodie2shoes  Ah,  bacon.  One of my 2 favorite food groups, caffeine and bacon.

There is nothing like a good BLT.  I've been known to have one for breakfast.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  A BLT when the tomatoes are still warm from the garden! I like mine with mayo on toasted rye. YUM!

Respected Contributor

@panda1234  wrote Have you ever had chocolate covered bacon?

No, I am a severe chocoholic but no desire to have bacon and chocolate together !  it just doesn't sound good to me. I love Turkey bacon, no longer eat regular bacon. Have you eaten chocolate covered bacon?

Honored Contributor

I always have cooked bacon available.  It's a staple in our diet, but not in the excessive amounts people may imagine. I didn't know it was National Bacon Lover's Day, but we had bacon, omelettes, and roasted Brussels sprouts for lunch. 

Another favorite way to make bacon is for a snack called "pig candy".  

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@panda1234  wrote Have you ever had chocolate covered bacon?

No, I am a severe chocoholic but no desire to have bacon and chocolate together !  it just doesn't sound good to me. I love Turkey bacon, no longer eat regular bacon. Have you eaten chocolate covered bacon?

@Goodie2shoes I know it is an odd combo but if you like sweet and salty you would like this. Have you ever had or heard of million dollar bacon? There are all sorts of recipes for this on Pinterest. Basically it is thick cut bacon crusted in brown sugar, cayenne pepper and maple syrup drizzled on top when done baking. This is a BIG hit with company. 

Esteemed Contributor

Love bacon, but I have to have mine really well done, almost burnt.
Honored Contributor

@panda1234 ---yes and to me, it is horrible! Not a fan--those 2 should be enjoyed separately, IMO