Honored Contributor

Is there such a thing as a Thanksgiving cookie?

Do you do a thanksgiving cookie for your guests? Or for your family? What kind do you do, if there are such a thing?

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there such a thing as a Thanksgiving cookie?

For some reason there are very rarely cookies on our table at Thanksgiving.  But last year my sweet little great niece wanted to help bake for the day so she made peanut butter with the kisses.  Other than those I honestly cannot say another year in recent memory we had cookies.  Christmas of course is completely different.  Thanksgiving is more pie I suppose than brownies and cookies.  But I take some of all so I would be pleased to seem them on the table.  We do as many desserts as side dishes.Woman Wink

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Pumpkin raisin cookie. Pumpkin choco chip cookie. Pumpkin spice cookie. Sugar cookies in the shape of Thanksgiving items (turkey, Pilgrim hat, etc) and decorated with frosting as such.

That's why I offer over Thanksgiving along with pie.

Contributor

I have often made a pumpkin walnut drop cookie. My favorite though was a roll out sugar cookie in the shape of leaves with several different colored frostings - chocolate, orange, gold, dark green, cranberry etc. It was even fun trying to get the frostings in the right colors. I was not going to make any this year but now you have inspired me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Honored Contributor

I think I have a turkey cookie cutter but I haven't used it in a long time.

Regular Contributor

A food blogger I follow shared these no bake turkey cookies made from Oreos, malted milk balls, frosting, cinnamon red hots and candy corn.  They are so cute and look easy to make. At least I hope they are because I'm letting all the kids make them on Thursday.  Fingers crossed!!!!!

Source: http://margaretsmorsels.blogspot.com/2011/11/no-bake-turkey-cookies.html

TURKEY COOKIES

Honored Contributor

@Bluffbaker wrote:

A food blogger I follow shared these no bake turkey cookies made from Oreos, malted milk balls, frosting, cinnamon red hots and candy corn.  They are so cute and look easy to make. At least I hope they are because I'm letting all the kids make them on Thursday.  Fingers crossed!!!!!

Source: http://margaretsmorsels.blogspot.com/2011/11/no-bake-turkey-cookies.html

TURKEY COOKIES

Thanks for sharing and it's so colorful!

Contributor

Mincement cookies are easy to make and tasty.

Trusted Contributor

My aunt was just telling me about a cookie she got at Aldi's.  They are a shortbread type of cookie in the shape of a maple leaf with maple frosting in the middle.  She said they are really good.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

Well now that sounds very fall like. But can use write Personal checks in Aldi's?? Just wondering, I have only been there once a long, long time ago.

Are there grocery stores where you cannot write personal checks?