Honored Contributor

Is it against local, federal, or state law to roast a bone in Leg of Lamb with NO GARLIC?

Aunt Marie won’t enter a house if she senses the faintest fume of garlic at the door, and at 90, she’s entitled.

I’ve considered roasting IT on a bed of sweet onions or crusting it with dried onion.

HELP ME!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is it against local, federal, or state law to roast a bone in Leg of Lamb with NO GARLIC?

At the Big 90,  Aunt Marie RULES!

(looks like you'll be cooking outside, anyone has any problem with that, let them talk to Aunt Marie!)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is it against local, federal, or state law to roast a bone in Leg of Lamb with NO GARLIC?

I’m kinda on your Aunts side. I can’t stand to be anywhere near garlic or onions. That said, it’s your house. You can have it smell however you like. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Hope Aunt Marie never has to stave off any vampires.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry and I mean no offense to Aunt Marie, but age is not an excuse for rudeness.  There are so many older people who are shut in, with no families to care about them. If I'm lucky enough to have family who want me to visit when I'm 90, I sure hope I'll have the courtesy to be gracious no matter what they're serving.

She'd hate my house.  Once a week I roast a bulb of garlic in the oven because I prefer to use roasted garlic in my cooking, rather than raw.  My family agrees that the smell is delightful!

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

@house_cat, I couldn't agree more, when the family feeds into someone making such a selfish demand it only gets worse, I'm sure everyone respects your Aunt but it's your home and your meal, when Auntie cooks she can leave the garlic out.  Maybe you could make her chops without garlic? Personally, I can't imagine lamb without garlic.  I'm grilling a butterflied leg today too and it's been marinating since yesterday morning. Good luck and Happy Easter.

Trusted Contributor

Aunt Marie is old enough to know that you eat what is put in front of you.  If you don't care for something you simply don't put any on your plate.

Honored Contributor

BUT MY QUESTION IS, CAN I COOK THE LAMB WITH ONION INSTEAD OF GARLIC?????????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I doubt it's in stone, so go for it.  There's so many spices out there.  Or check your cookbook and see what they recommend.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygalwrote:

I doubt it's in stone, so go for it.  There's so many spices out there.  Or check your cookbook and see what they recommend.

They recommend GARLIC..........🤯