New Contributor

Ingredient Jill Bauer Uses in Her Soups

Hi - 

Jill Bauer mentioned in one of her shows that she uses another ingredient in her soups instead of dairy.  I have a family member who can't tolerate dairy, and I don't remember what she said she used.  Does anyone remember?  Thanks so much!  Sue

Respected Contributor

Re: Ingredient Jill Bauer Uses in Her Soups

@sueetz  I didn't happen to hear what Jill might have said but Lactaid or A2 milk are two possibilities.

I am lactose intolerant to some degree but I can use certain limited amounts of dairy if I am careful and I also take a Lactaid pill with my first bite of a dairy laden meal.

I'll be intersted to know what other options there are.  I know some people use soy/tofu but I don't in place of dairy.

Esteemed Contributor

I heard it but don't remember - was watching or listening to Jan (the Vitamix vendor) and he was expounding about Jill's creation.  As I recall - coconut milk or one of those different ........?......if you have the time.........sit and re-run the "V" demos. Or do a facebook to Jill - I don't 'face'.

Respected Contributor

@sueetz wrote:

Hi - 

Jill Bauer mentioned in one of her shows that she uses another ingredient in her soups instead of dairy.  I have a family member who can't tolerate dairy, and I don't remember what she said she used.  Does anyone remember?  Thanks so much!  Sue

@sueetz I think she said it was Almond Milk but I wouldn't swear to it!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueetz

I didn't see the show, sorry, so I do not know what she said.

I am going to make a Cauli-Clam Chowder soup from Wegmans.com

It uses Cauliflower creme from their frozen section. No other dairy.  I'm not sure if there is any dairy involved in making the Wegmans Cauliflower creme though....but the recipe does not call for any creams or milks.

EDITED to add:

I checked the ingredients on the bag.  Organic Cauliflower, water and salt.  NO dairy.

Says to use for sauce, soups etc.

Frequent Contributor

Canned coconut milk is lactose free and can be used in soups.

Valued Contributor

Unsweetened soy or almond milk is great in every recipe I've ever tried.  Great in coffee too.