1 cup ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
8 oz. penne pasta, cooked and drained
1 jar Bertolli Alfredo Sauce
2 T. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350*.
Combine ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and egg in medium bowl; set aside.
Toss hot penne with Sauce in large bowl. Stir in cheese mixture. Turn into 11 x 7 inch greased baking dish, then sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Remove cover and bake until bread crumbs are golden brown and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more.

If you make this, I hope you enjoy.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

Re: Indulgent Penne & Cheese-rich and delicious

This sounds very good. I was just looking at a recipe for ""Italian Mac and Cheese"" that used Italian mixed cheese and Italian seasoning. This recipe sounds very good. I have to decide which to make next Saturday when my sons come home for Easter.

Valued Contributor

Now this is my kinda recipe! Easy and it sounds delicious! Thanks, snickster.Smile

Valued Contributor

This looks like something I would love to eat. Thanks for posting.

Edited to add:; Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy ! As usual I tweaked it a bit because I wanted to use the entire carton of ricotta and diced ham. My husband had to get up and remove the pan from the table otherwise he said he would regret it later.

Honored Contributor

Easy and cheesy Gotta' try this one.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

This is perfect timing . . . since I cook for one and cut recipes in half, I was looking for a recipe that would use the other half of a jar of alfredo sauce . . . this looks delicious, thank you for posting it . . . I will be eating good this week!

Esteemed Contributor

Mmmmmm...looks yummy! I'm thinking about adding bacon or Italian sausage.
Honored Contributor

chips; they sound as though they might be very similar, let me know which you decide and how it turns out. Would love for you to post the one you mentioned.

05gage25; I like easy, I like to cook, but don't wish to spend all day doing it. Smile

BaileyBop; hope you like it.

Preds; Yes, Easy & Cheesy, perfect description, love that. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

momtochloe; hope you like it, enjoy!

wildcat fan; bet the addition of either one would be good, let me know what you do with it and how it turns out.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I wish we had a recipe box on this forum. That sounds delish.....

Esteemed Contributor

I used Bertoli garlic Alfredo (reduced fat) and Italian sausage. I browned the sausage while the pasta boiled and stirred it in with the mixture before baking. Yummy! Thanks for sharing, snickster. Smiley Happy