Honored Contributor

Re: Ina's Pasta, Pesto and Peas Recipe

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

@house_cat - I hope your party went well!  Smiley Happy

My son and his little traveling circus left my house two hours before party time, so it was a little nutty getting the house ready for a tea party, but I managed to do it and we had a wonderful time.

It was especially sweet because one of my dearest friends is dealing with terminal cancer and we were all aware that she may not be here to join us at next year's gathering.  It made this year all the more special.

The tiramisu recipe was excellent...

IMG_2213.JPG

My son and his lovely lady helped me decorate my "faux petit fours" and they were delicious...

IMG_2238.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

IMG_2257.JPG

It's always a labor of love, but my friends each expressed what a beloved tradition it has become, and that makes it all worthwhile.

And today is my last official day of summer break. I'll be back in my classroom on Monday, preparing for another action packed year  💕.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat - Everything looks lovely! I'm sure the party was wonderful.

Valued Contributor

Everything looks lovely & delicious! Can you share how you make the petit fours?
I also make lists just as detailed as yours for entertaining:-)) Already started one for thanksgiving!
Honored Contributor

@HB glamma 

Thank you for the compliment :-)

I baked a pound cake (boxed mix). 

I refrigerated it for a day or so to firm it up. 

I made slices about 1 1/2 inches thick and cut them into cylinders with a petit four cutter, which is essentially a biscut cutter. 

I cut each cylinder into three pieces and smeared some raspberry preserves on one layer and apricot preserves on the other layer, then covered them in white chocolate. 

My helpers got a little too zealous with the decorations, but they had fun and the petit fours taste delicous.  I've made them a couple of times from scratch, with almond paste. The taste is better and more traditional, but this time I needed a short cut.  If I do it again, I may just add a tiny bit of almond extract to the pound cake mix.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

Thank you@house_cat for sharing your recipe.
I’ll have to try next time I host the girls. They are so pretty.
I can tell you enjoy cooking and entertaining as do I.
I don’t post often but read this category on forums daily.
Contributor

na's Pasta, Pesto and Peas Recipe

This thread has been delightful to read.  I live in an area with just a dozen other homes and this has inspired me to host a similar luncheon for my neighborhood ladies.  Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful recipe,  your ideas and menu, and especially for your contangeous encouragement!  

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat  Everything looks so lovely warm and inviting.

It's so nice to see such a beautiful presentation from one's

own home these days.  I'm sure all had a wonderful time!

Honored Contributor

@SusieQvc 

Please do!  You won't be sorry!  Everyone loves to be fussed over once in a while and you might just start a lovely tradition ❣️

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat  You did a fantastic job. It's all so lovely.