Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ina's Pasta, Pesto and Peas Recipe

@house_cat - No matter the pasta salad recipe, I always add mayonnaise based on my own preference (dryer than most people's), so you may want to try that as well. I can't recall whether I used less when I made this recipe. But in case it is helpful, we're not fans of pine nuts and substituted slivered almonds for the crunch factor.

Esteemed Contributor

Wonderful luncheon menu. Don’t forget to enjoy yourself. 

Respected Contributor

Proseco, please.

Honored Contributor

I make this alot myself--and sometimes add aspargas too. So delicious

Honored Contributor

fizzy water infused with fruit would be lovely - 

I wanna hear about the desserts 

Ina's recipes are usually very good and your will be a big hit

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey wrote:

fizzy water infused with fruit would be lovely - 

I wanna hear about the desserts 

Ina's recipes are usually very good and your will be a big hit

I'm making this tiramisu recipe - here's the video from Joy of Baking. I'll use chocolate shavings in lieu of the raspberries.  

I'll will also have some mini-treats, like chocolate cookies (store bought), mini powdered donuts and my "cheat petit fours" (made with pound cake, preserves and melted white chocolate.  I've made homemade petit fours in the past, and while they were delicious, they are way too much work in addition to the tiramisu, so I'm going to cheat this time.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@house_cat   Sounds perfect to me.  Maybe some Pellegrino water and/or a nice rose for a summer beverage, or homemade lemonade or a watermelon and cucumber cooler?

You are a "hostess with the mostest" in my book.  Wish we were neighbors . . . have to settle for internet exchanges, for which I am grateful.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435  

You don't know how you are teasing me! If I thought there was a way to have my forum friends here for lunch, I'd be thrilled to host all of you!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Okay - here's my review of the recipe:

👍 👍

I used 2 full boxes of pasta, so I decided to double the sauce recipe. That was a good decision. I question whether the original recipe made enough sauce for the amount of pasta called for.   

I followed the recipe exactly and it was excellent.  I offered shrimp and sliced chicken breast as add-ins.  Everyone agreed the recipe was a winner.  

Thank you, Ina... with one caveat...

I watched the video and wrote down the recipe accordingly. The measurements in the written recipe are incorrect.  If you make this dish, be aware of that.

I made the sauce yesterday and put in into a L&L container.  It there was no discoloration or change of texture 24 hours later.

IMG_2231.JPG

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat - I hope your party went well!  Smiley Happy