Respected Contributor

Ina Garten's "Quarantine Cooking " Tips

According to this morning's newspaper,  Ina's 2.4 million followers were promised "lots of ideas for delicious things to make from your pantry and fridge".

Her ideas can be found on Instagram using her tag, inagarten, which reportedly is generating "tons of likes and uplifting conversation".

Also  can be found on her barefoot contessa website.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Ina Garten's "Quarantine Cooking " Tips

The best thing I've made won't be featured on her show. Velveeta slowly melted into salsa and served with corn chips. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG 

Next time, instead of Velveeta, try some queso cheese dip melted into that salsa.  We find that hard to resist at our house, although I agree Velveeta could be great, too.

I heat up queso (using either the white or the yellow cheese type) with some salsa  and drizzle the mix over a taco salad and over some of  the corn tortilla chips lining the bowl.

The best queso brands that  I've found are refrigerated and usually located in the cheese section of grocery stores.   I like them much  better than the shelf-stable Tostito jars found in the snack chip aisle.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG We do that at the beach for a quick snack.  I chop up an onion and microwave with a little butter first.

Honored Contributor

My guess is that Ina's "pantry" includes a lot of fancy things that aren't in my pantry, hence her suggestions won't be very useful.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info. I just looked and all the ideas were pretty basic and I do have most items. About the only thing I don't have is a dedicated 'pantry'.  She seemed to freshen things up a bit with little ideas. 

Respected Contributor

I googled keywords "Ina Garten quarantine cooking" and found a whole bunch of stories and info, although I'm too wrapped up in dusting off my own recipe collection to get interested.

Was amazed at  how  much media coverage she has gotten  in this stay-at-home situation.  (Or should it be called the  "stay-in-the-kitchen" situation?)

I always admired her cooking shows when I watched them several years ago, because she doesn't do really complicated dishes.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

I googled keywords "Ina Garten quarantine cooking" and found a whole bunch of stories and info, although I'm too wrapped up in dusting off my own recipe collection to get interested.

Was amazed at  how  much media coverage she has gotten  in this stay-at-home situation.  (Or should it be called the  "stay-in-the-kitchen" situation?)

I always admired her cooking shows when I watched them several years ago, because she doesn't do really complicated dishes.

@novamc1  It's easier to see each dish on her Instagram. A picture and quick how to for each. Her account is open to all.