Honored Contributor

Ina Garten's new bacon, egg, and cheddar breakfast sandwich (Modern Comfort Cookbook)

We use the electric skillet to make a big batch of bacon and scrambled eggs for a lazy weekend bfast 

c146dc8e9e87fc71a91e5428c640c5c1.jpg

To make this morning staple, you'll need:

• Extra-large eggs

• Thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon

• Sharp white cheddar cheese (grated)

• English muffins

• Avocado

• Whole milk

Directions per the Modern Comfort cookbook with suggestions from a blogger

Garten's recipe calls for four tablespoons of grated sharp white cheddar cheese if you're making sandwiches for two people. Since I was making sandwiches for my family, I doubled the recipe.

Then I prepped the bowls I would use to microwave the eggs. I generously brushed four small microwavable bowls with olive oil and set them aside.

Then it was time to get my bacon going. Each sandwich is meant to have two slices of that thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon, so I threw some in the pan and waited as my kitchen filled with the most delicious scent.

I cooked the bacon for around seven minutes, until the slices got nice and crispy

Garten's recipe calls for two eggs per sandwich, so I cracked eight eggs into a bowl and beat them together with eight tablespoons of whole milk, as well as salt and freshly-cracked ground black pepper.,Then I evenly distributed my egg mixture between 4  bowls.

Microwave for 30 seconds, per Garten's instructions. Then I took them out and gently stirred each mixture to combine I continued to microwave and stir the eggs at 30-second intervals. Around the three-minute mark I could definitely tell that the eggs were cooking well. Once my eggs looked almost ready, I added some cheese. sprinkled one tablespoon of cheddar into each bowl and microwaved them for 30 seconds to melt the cheddar and finish cooking the eggs. After the last round, my eggs were definitely ready.

Toast the english muffins. Place slices of avocado on each bottom muffin.  Top with bacon slices, then the scrambled eggs. Top with addtl grated cheddar cheese, add the top muffin

21f00ed6e49c36aefc253c85e034ec76.jpg

a97f3f58b6b4c97f7566186ff7dd80b3.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Re: Ina Garten's new bacon, egg, and cheddar breakfast sandwich (Modern Comfort Cookbook)

@Chi-town girl - They look so yummy. I could go for one right now. 😄

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

Re: Ina Garten's new bacon, egg, and cheddar breakfast sandwich (Modern Comfort Cookbook)

we have this for breakfast every weekend, but my husband makes a much healthier version of it. 

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl  This looks delicious. Will be making it. Good to see you back. You were gone so long I thought you got the heave ho. You know how it goes around here. 

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl  My kind of breakfast!  I love Ina.

Honored Contributor

Why would you microwave the eggs yet go to the trouble of frying the bacon?  I do both one way or the other.  In fact I already make this, but with no cheese or avocado, just a slice like McDonald's.  

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome back, @Chi-town girl .  Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!