Trusted Contributor

Re: In Need Of Moist Blueberry Bread Recipe

@Mersha    I posted this about 2 years ago and instead of muffins I now bake it in a loaf pan.  It's cake like and very moist.

============================

Cracker Barrel has some of best tasting blueberry muffins.  I found a copycat recipe online and tried it today It is so good and tastes just like Cracker Barrels.  Thought I would share:

-one small container fresh blueberries (I used two)

-one package white cake mix ---any brand, but i used duncan hines

-one package vanilla instant pudding -regular size

-four eggs

- one-half cup vegetable oil

-three-fourths cup milk

-one teaspoonful vanilla

In a very large bowl add the powdered caked mix and powdered pudding mix.  Add the eggs, oil, milk and vanilla.  Mix well with hand mixer.  The batter will be thick.  Almost like whipped cream consistancy.  (To the fresh blueberries add a little bit of flour to coat them so they wont sink to the bottom as they bake.) Carefully fold in the blueberries to the batter.   Bake at 350 degrees 20 to 30 minutes.  I used the jumbo muffin pan so it took around 28 minutes.   When toothpick comes out clean then they are done.  It made 6 very large jumbo muffins.  I would assume they would make 15 or more regular sized muffins.

Like I mentioned, I now bake it in a loaf pan instead.  Keep the oven at 350 and increase the bake time to 45 min or so.  I just check on it every couple of minutes after the 40 min mark.  When the top looks nice and brown I then check it with a knife to see if to comes out clean.

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@ECBG   Are you saying to take a recipe and use all ingredients listed and then add the pudding or is the pudding instead of one of the listed ingredients?

@Mersha Yes.
Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for all that responded!

It is most appreciated!

Smiley Happy

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@Mersha    I posted this about 2 years ago and instead of muffins I now bake it in a loaf pan.  It's cake like and very moist.

============================

Cracker Barrel has some of best tasting blueberry muffins.  I found a copycat recipe online and tried it today It is so good and tastes just like Cracker Barrels.  Thought I would share:

-one small container fresh blueberries (I used two)

-one package white cake mix ---any brand, but i used duncan hines

-one package vanilla instant pudding -regular size

-four eggs

- one-half cup vegetable oil

-three-fourths cup milk

-one teaspoonful vanilla

In a very large bowl add the powdered caked mix and powdered pudding mix.  Add the eggs, oil, milk and vanilla.  Mix well with hand mixer.  The batter will be thick.  Almost like whipped cream consistancy.  (To the fresh blueberries add a little bit of flour to coat them so they wont sink to the bottom as they bake.) Carefully fold in the blueberries to the batter.   Bake at 350 degrees 20 to 30 minutes.  I used the jumbo muffin pan so it took around 28 minutes.   When toothpick comes out clean then they are done.  It made 6 very large jumbo muffins.  I would assume they would make 15 or more regular sized muffins.

Like I mentioned, I now bake it in a loaf pan instead.  Keep the oven at 350 and increase the bake time to 45 min or so.  I just check on it every couple of minutes after the 40 min mark.  When the top looks nice and brown I then check it with a knife to see if to comes out clean.

@CoffeeNut 

Thanks for sharing. It sounds yummy. We will eat anything blueberry.

I'm out of fresh blueberries but I have about 10 lbs of organic frozen blueberries in the freezer. I use them to make muffins & smoothies. Think I will go make a smoothie.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG having read your background, I have a general question. Do you think any fruit can be used in a bread or muffin recipe? I ask because I just got a recipe book from the library. It's one printed by Gooseberry Patch whose cookbooks I love. Anyway, there's a raspberry bread recipe, but when you read the instructions, it says to add the diced PEACHES! Oops, that left me wondering if the original recipe was for peach bread and the editors thought raspberries would make a prettier picture. The picture looked luscious by the way. 🍊🍓🍒🍐🍎

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@ECBG having read your background, I have a general question. Do you think any fruit can be used in a bread or muffin recipe? I ask because I just got a recipe book from the library. It's one printed by Gooseberry Patch whose cookbooks I love. Anyway, there's a raspberry bread recipe, but when you read the instructions, it says to add the diced PEACHES! Oops, that left me wondering if the original recipe was for peach bread and the editors thought raspberries would make a prettier picture. The picture looked luscious by the way. 🍊🍓🍒🍐🍎

@AuntG Well getting the recipe and picture out of agreement certainly is a weird one!

To answer your question, fruits would be interchangeable.  If I were doing peaches, however, I'd be tempted to add a couple of tablespoons apricot jam!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

@ECBG   Are you saying to take a recipe and use all ingredients listed and then add the pudding or is the pudding instead of one of the listed ingredients?

@Mersha Yes.

@ECBG 

I want to know the answer also.  Why are you answering an 'either-or' question with a reply of "yes"? I

Which is it (check only one answer: 

1. the pudding replaces a listed ingredient [  ]
  2. the pudding becomes an additional ingredient [  ]

Reversing the table on you, teacher!  Pretend you are the student for this.😉     

Honored Contributor

@vabreeze wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

@ECBG   Are you saying to take a recipe and use all ingredients listed and then add the pudding or is the pudding instead of one of the listed ingredients?

@Mersha Yes.

@ECBG 

I want to know the answer also.  Why are you answering an 'either-or' question with a reply of "yes"? I

Which is it (check only one answer: 

1. the pudding replaces a listed ingredient [  ]
  2. the pudding becomes an additional ingredient [  x]

Reversing the table on you, teacher!  Pretend you are the student for this.😉     

@Mersha Honey, I would have told you if an ingredient was to be taken out.  Just add it in, see if you like it.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mersha 

Here is a recipe to consider if you like zucchini.  We love this recipe and it is very moist.  If you don't have cinnamon extract on hand you can double the lemon extract if preferred.

Recipe – Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread

Serves:  8 - 10               This is a very moist bread.

Bake:   50 min. (lg. pans) --  30+ min. (mini pans)

PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 350º

Ingredients:

3 eggs

1/2 c vegetable oil

1 tsp lemon extract

1 tsp cinnamon extract

2 c sugar

1/2 - 3/4 c buttermilk  (I use regular milk)

3 cups flour

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon, ground

2 cups grated zucchini, if really wet squeeze out some of the liquid

1 pint blueberries, washed and sorted 

How to Make Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread

• 1 Grease and flour 4 mini pans or two regular bread pans.
  • 2 Combine the first 5 ingredients together until well mixed. In a different bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
  • 3 Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients alternately with the buttermilk, ending with flour mixture.
  • 4 Now stir in the zucchini and then the blueberries. Divide between pans and bake until tooth pick comes out clean from center of bread.
  • 5 Blueberries are an option.  You can use cranberries, raisins, nuts, dates. This recipe is also good for muffins.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~