Highlighted
Respected Contributor

In Need Of Moist Blueberry Bread Recipe

We have a local farmer's market nearby and a baker sells incredibly moist, delicous blueberry bread.  Of course, she will not divulge her secret recipe that keep customers returning every weekend.

I have tried duplicating the bread with recipes that I found online but it is just not the same.  Mine tend to be a bit on the dry side.

Do any of the bakers here have a blueberry bread recipe that they would be kind enough  to share?

Thank you!!!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

personalRe: In Need Of Moist Blueberry Bread Recipe

[ Edited ]

I do not have a personal recipe, but if you are referring to a sweet bread, try finding a recipe with instant pudding. I know it might sound strange, but I use it for my banana bread and different cookies, and people rave about how moist they are, and wonder what my secret is. When I tell them, they can't believe it.😊

There is one on Food.com called Blueberry Pudding Loaf. It does not have pudding in it, but uses cream cheese, and sour cream--must be super moist. It has 38 five star reviews, so it must be delicious.👍👍

Blueberry bread.jpeg

Happy baking!!!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: In Need Of Moist Blueberry Bread Recipe

They have one at one of our local grocery stores that's really moist. It's really yummy.

The one I buy here looks like a pound cake with blueberries they call blueberry bread instead of blueberry pound cake?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mersha, I don't make blueberry bread, but I do make blueberry muffins.  

1/2 cup margarine, 11/2 cups sugar (I use Splenda), 1/2 tsp salt.  Blend together.

add 4 beaten eggs, 1tsp. Soda. 1 1/2 cups Sour cream & 2 3/4 cups of flour.  Fold in blueberries. 

Pour in paper lined muffin tins.  Bake at 375 degrees 20-25 minutes.  Makes about 21 muffins.  My oven is extra hot,  so I bake them at 350 degrees.

ETA: I made them a few days ago and we have been having them for breakfast.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My aunt's recipe tastes more like a cake, but is so good with a cup of hot tea.  This bread is best chilled in the refrigerator overnight to prevent cracking when cut:

Bread:

1/3 cup melted butter

1 cup sugar

3 tbsp lemon juice

2 eggs

1 1/2 cups flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

1/2 cup milk

2 tbsp grated lemon zest

1 cup fresh blueberries coated in a little bit of flour (to prevent sinking)

Glaze:

2 tbsp lemon juice

6 tbsp powdered sugar

Beat butter, sugar, lemon juice, and eggs with electric mixer in big bowl.  Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl.  Combine flour mixture with egg mixture in smaller portions, alternating with additions of milk.  Fold in lemon zest and blueberries.  Pour into greased loaf pan.

Stir together glaze ingredients.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.  Brush top of bread with 2 tbsp glaze and return to oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 10 more minutes.  Top with rest of glaze and let cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.  Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.        

Honored Contributor

Re: personalRe: In Need Of Moist Blueberry Bread Recipe

@SandySparkles sounds good.  I might have to try that with blackberries.

Respected Contributor

Re: personalRe: In Need Of Moist Blueberry Bread Recipe

Yes, I was looking for a more cake like bread...muffins in a loaf form.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

I make a Blueberry Muffin Bread that seems to be the biggest hit with everyone in our neighborhood and family.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Salted Butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Cup Milk
  • 2 Cups All purpose Flour
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 2 Cups Blueberries
Instructions
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan.
  3. Cream together the butter and sugar.
  4. Add the eggs, vanilla and milk beating well.
  5. Add the dry ingredients and beat until well combined
  6. Add blueberries and mix by hand gently with a spatula being careful not to crush the berries.
  7. Pour batter into your loaf pan and bake for 60-75 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
  8. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to finish cooling.
Honored Contributor

@Mersha Having taught Foods and Adv Foods, I suggest adding pudding to the batter or 1/2 c sweetened apple sauce.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   Are you saying to take a recipe and use all ingredients listed and then add the pudding or is the pudding instead of one of the listed ingredients?