Respected Contributor

If you're looking for top-quality ceramic bakeware and casseroles....

[ Edited ]

For really good-quality casseroles and loaf pans, you might try to find some  by the famous Italian chef Lidia Bastianich that were offered by QVC long ago for a short time.

They're available on the secondary market at ebay, Poshmark and probably other websites.  Prices vary widely, so shop carefully.  Some are priced reasonably, others are sky-high.

I bought four pieces, use them extensively and often.  Oven, dishwasher, microwave safe, a breeze to  clean up.   Extremely high quality---even my LeCreuset  ceramic casseroles don't "feel" as well-made, plus are slightly harder to clean.

The ones pictured below are not mine.  Copied from the web.

4 Piece Set (3 Sizes) Lidia Bastianich Bakeware / Casserole Dishes

Honored Contributor

Re: If you're looking for top-quality ceramic bakeware and casseroles....

I love Lidia's stoneware and Polish Stoneware!

Excellent quality with no crazing, breaking in the oven, etc.

Maybe slightly more expensive, but sooooo worth it, IMO!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I have many pieces, casseroles, bakers, etc, made by Dansk Pottery which match the dinnerware I also have.  It is perfect after 35 years of daily use.  Not even a chip on the dinner or bakeware.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I have a beautiful oblong dish in cobalt blue from Emile Henry.  It is my go-to dish when making lasagna!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom 

Maybe you were not implying this, but the Lidia I was referring to is not the same person as the Lidia associated with Polish stoneware, I'm pretty sure.

Lidia Bastianich is an Italian chef who has published an extensive line of her own cookbooks.

Her son, restaurant owner Joe Bastianich,  served as a judge on one of those popular cooking contest shows.

Honored Contributor

I buy top quality, major brand casseroles and bake dishes (solid colors) in the stoneware areas of department stores.  

Esteemed Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

Maybe you were not implying this, but the Lidia I was referring to is not the same person as the Lidia associated with Polish stoneware, I'm pretty sure.

Lidia Bastianich is an Italian chef who has published an extensive line of her own cookbooks.

Her son, restaurant owner Joe Bastianich,  served as a judge on one of those popular cooking contest shows.

And...

Lidia Bastianich isn't just a cookbook author and TV cooking show host. She's also a cookware designer.

She'll be selling her ceramic, stoneware and stainless steel cookware and bakeware on the cable shopping channel QVC. 

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

@novamc1 

Yes, I understood your post, but I guess I didn't make MY post clear, LOL!

I was trying to say that Lidia Bastianich's stoneware  AND Polish stoneware is very superior to many other brands.

I didn't realize that the rep for Polish stoneware was also named Lidia, I apologize for the confusion!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@novamc1 YES, I have some and agree with you!

-Solar Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not a fan of anything ceramic-- I use the corningware from the 1970's when I got married--still going strong and looking new. Also use fiestaware too---