Respected Contributor

Re: If you like Peanut Butter, what brand do you prefer?

Another vote for Creamy style PETER PAN.

Honored Contributor

I like smooth peanut butter.  The best is freshly ground (whole foods has it) or if I can't get that then I like Crazy Richards or Smuckers organic.

Honored Contributor

Everyone in this house loves peanut butter, and it's something we never run out of.   I buy Jiff, Peter Pan as well as Kroger and WalMart store brands.  

Honored Contributor

Skippy Creamy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamDoodles wrote:

Jif or Skippy extra crunchy.  Or when I'm feeling ambitious, I make my own in the VitaMix.

Same here as far as making my own. There's nothing like pouring warm nut butter into a jar and the taste is amazing. One ingredient, nuts. 

Not that I have anything against sugar and preservatives, lol. I bought plenty of jars of Jif before making my own and though it's been a while, I remember it being delicious. These days when I'm out of nuts I go for Trader Joe's crunchy--just dry roasted peanuts & salt. 

Respected Contributor

Jif creamy is the only one I like, other than Aldi brand which is the same thing. 

I abhor the crunchy kind. My mom bought it once and I almost cried because I thought it was so awful.

She also went through a health kick phase and bought organic peanut butter. I had the same reaction.

She finally learned not to mess with my peanut butter.

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

Jif creamy is the only one I like, other than Aldi brand which is the same thing. 

I abhor the crunchy kind. My mom bought it once and I almost cried because I thought it was so awful.

She also went through a health kick phase and bought organic peanut butter. I had the same reaction.

She finally learned not to mess with my peanut butter.

I'm the same about the crunchy issue.   It's odd, as I do like peanuts.  But the pb needs to be creamy.  Smiley Very Happy

Glad we have choices.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

Not the healthiest, but I like it. Jif Creamy. 

I just decided to check their ingredients:

Made From Roasted Peanuts And Sugar, Contains 2% Or Less Of: Molasses, Fully Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed And Soybean), Mono And Diglycerides, Salt.

@sueinsf @I know. Not very healthy but I love it with orange blossom honey dried on the butter in a sandwich. I just ate one. MMM.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jk9 Too funny............my dog wouldn't close her jaws when I gave her a piece of hot dog.   Dogs are wiser than we are.

No dog for that dog............

Honored Contributor

Jif creamy ... never crunchy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~