Respected Contributor

@Duckncover   Such a great idea about putting it in Lock and Lock small bowls..thanks!  I'm going to fix the pudding also for him !

Contributor

Here are recipes copied from this board in the past:

Jello Mousse ~ Clover29   (2012)

Put a can of evaporated (not condensed) milk in the fridge to chill. When it's really cold, whisk it till frothy then pour freshly made hot jello in the milk while you whisk it to get mousse.

I like lemon best, but any flavor works just fine.

Jello 1 2 3 Clone ~ LilBitMissty   (2012)
3/4 cup boiling water
1 package (4-serving size) Jell-o brand gelatin -- any flavor
1/2 cup cold water
ice cubes
1/2 cup COOL WHIP.... ...thawed

Pour boiling water into blender. Add gelatin. Cover and blend at low speed until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 30 seconds.
Combine cold water and ice cubes to make 1-1/4 cups. Add to gelatin and stir until ice is partially melted.
Then add whipped topping; blend at high speed for 30 seconds.
Pour into dessert glasses.
Chill about 30 minutes. Dessert layers as it chills. Garnish as desired.

Makes 3 cups

Jello Souffle ~ LuvAutumn  (2011)

A friend brought this dish into work last week to share at lunch. It was so good!

1 (3oz) Jello (strawberry or orange)

1 (3oz) cook n serve Vanilla pudding

2 cups water

Bring the jello, pudding and water to a boil while stirring.

Refrigerate until firm or overnight

Beat firmed mixture till fluffy....gradually add 10 oz Cool Whip with beaters until color is even through out.

Fold in fruit...strawberries 1-2 cups chopped or you may use mandarin oranges (drained)

Add more fruit on top for a pretty presentation!

If you use mandarin oranges, use part of the juice to replace the water.

Serves 12

Blueberry Jello Salad ~ lavendersage     (2009)

2 (3 oz) pkgs. raspberry jello
*2 cups boiling liquid- water plus reserved juice
*1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple,drained and juice reserved
1 (21 oz.) can blueberry pie filling
1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup toasted pecans

Combine reserved pineapple juice and enough water to make 2 cups-bring to boil in pan or microwave. Combine boiling liquid with jello; stir until dissolved. Stir in pineapple and pie filling. Put into a pretty bowl or 9x 13 glass dish. Chill until firm.
With a mixer,cream together the cream cheese and sugar- then add sour cream and vanilla and mix until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture over firm jello. Chill. Just before serving, sprinkle toasted pecans on top.

Apple Salad ~ LilBitMissty       (Reposted 12/6/13 by Britbrit13)

1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple..DO NOT DRAIN

2/3 cup sugar

1 (3 oz) pkg. lemon jello

8 ounces cream cheese...softened

1 cup apples..UNPEELED, DICED

1 cup celery...chopped

1 cup whipped topping (cool whip)

1/2 to 1 cup nuts...chopped

In a saucepan combine pineapple and sugar. Bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Add jello stirring til dissolved. Add cream cheese. Stir til blended. Cool. Fold in the apples, celery, whipped topping and nuts. Pour into a 9 inch square pan. Chill til firm (several hours or overnight). Serve on lettuce leaves

BLACK CHERRY SALAD ~ littleflower9   (2010)
Printed from COOKS.COM

2 (3 oz.) pkg. black cherry gelatin
3 c. boiling water
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip
1 (16 oz.) can sweet black cherries, drained

Dissolve gelatin in water. Let set until slightly firm. Beat cream cheese and add Cool Whip. Mix cream cheese mixture with BEATEN gelatin mixture. Mix well. Chill.
NOTE: Instead of using the 3 cups water, I have used 2 cups water and the juice drained from the cherries. This works real well and gives it a bit more black cherry flavor. Another option with this recipe is to use blackberry gelatin and blackberries.

ORANGE DELIGHT SALAD ~ lilbitmissty  (2010)

1 6 OZ. PKG. ORANGE JELLO
1 PINT ORANGE SHERBET
2 CANS MANDARIN ORANGES
1 CUP WHIPPED CREAM

DISOLVE JELLO IN 1 CUP BOILING WATER.MADD THE ORANGE SHERBERT. STIR TIL SHERBET MELTS. BLEND THROUGHALY. . ADD ORANGES. CHILL TIL PARTIALLY SET. ADD WHIPPED CREAM. POUR INTO BOWL. CHILL TIL FIRM.

Orange Cream Fruit Salad ~ LilBitMissty     (2011)

1 20 ounce can pineapple tidbits..drained

1 16 ounce can peach slices...drained

1 11 ounce can mandarin oranges...drained

3 bananas...sliced

2 apples...chopped

1 small package INSTANT vanilla pudding

1 1/2 cups milk

1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate...thawed

3/4 cup sour cream

Combine fruit in a bowl and set aside. Mix pudding, milk and orange juice concentrate. Beat 1-2 minutes. Beat in sour cream. Fold into fruit. Chill

Jello Salad with Cottage Cheese

1 sm box orange jello (3 oz. size)   (can use sugar-free)

2 cups cottage cheese

1 can (15 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained

8 oz container cool whip, thawed

1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped, (optional for additional texture)

Sprinkle dry jello over the cottage cheese and stir together.  Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.  Chill

Note:  Can use any jello flavor and add complimentary fruit to replace mandarin oranges. 

I hope that some of these recipes can be helpful.  You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers.  God bless you.  Gr8Auntie

Valued Contributor

Blueberry Gelatin Salad Recipe: How to Make It (tasteofhome.com)

Contest-Winning Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Recipe: How to Make It (tasteofhome.com)

These two are somewhat iconic jello desserts.  Don't know if they have previously been posted.

Honored Contributor

We just used to make it with all sorts of fruit.  Cut grapes in half, manderine oranges, cut-up strawberries, blueberries, banannas and add in crushed up walnuts or another type of nuts.  And don't forget the whipped topping.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@jlkz wrote:

@sarahpanda 

One thing I learned the hard way as a teenager: never put pineapple in jello.  It will not "set" because of something in pineapple.

At 77, I remember this from Chemistry class, but not the name of the component responsible.  ( bromide ? )

@sarahpanda @jlkz 

You are correct, however, CANNED pineapple will work.  The canning process changes the chemical.

@ECBG wrote:

@jlkz wrote:

@sarahpanda 

One thing I learned the hard way as a teenager: never put pineapple in jello.  It will not "set" because of something in pineapple.

At 77, I remember this from Chemistry class, but not the name of the component responsible.  ( bromide ? )

@sarahpanda @jlkz 

You are correct, however, CANNED pineapple will work.  The canning process changes the chemical.

Back then we never had fresh pineapple, only the canned type.  Maybe the canning process changed over time.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Isn't evaporated the same as condensed?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Isn't evaporated the same as condensed?

@Group 5 minus 1  One is sweetened and the other isn't.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954    I tried sugar free jello and have a question about it - Do you think that it gets as 'firm' as the regular jello?  Mine didn't.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ideas for jello?

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda wrote:

@rms1954    I tried sugar free jello and have a question about it - Do you think that it gets as 'firm' as the regular jello?  Mine didn't.

Mine seems firm enough for me but it's been years since I've eaten regular Jello.  I use a little less water, like 1/4 cup less.  I like the softer consistency.