ITKWD on Sunday recipe for Vitamix Autumn Sorbet

Looking for the Sorbet recipie Jan Mueller made on 11/6/22 with David.  It was frozen berries and that is all I remember!

Honored Contributor

Re: ITKWD on Sunday recipe for Vitamix Autumn Sorbet

@DIVA50    Jan Muellers recipes, which he cavalierly  always says are available, seem to be a well-kept secret or at least, their location is.  I want the pumpkin ice cream recipe.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@DIVA50 wrote:

Looking for the Sorbet recipie Jan Mueller made on 11/6/22 with David.  It was frozen berries and that is all I remember!

@DIVA50 

It's online if you search Vitamix Berry Sorbet with Mixed Spices.  Slightly difference than what was presented but you can make it your own, change it however you like.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@DIVA50    Jan Muellers recipes, which he cavalierly  always says are available, seem to be a well-kept secret or at least, their location is.  I want the pumpkin ice cream recipe.

@Kachina624 

Found on a 2012 community chat this info:

I played and replayed to get the ingredients.  He used canned pumpkin, cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla, 2%milk that was frozen in ice trays and pumpkin pie spice.  He didn't say quantities though.  I suspect 2 ice trays of milk, but not sure on the other items.  I'm with you, would love the recipe!

Also on qvc.com recipes under Vitamix is "Pumpkin Fall Freeze" that seems sort of like a cross between a thick milkshake and ice cream.  Maybe adjusting the ingredients would work to make it thicker.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123    Thanks for your trouble.  Yes, those were the ingredients I remembered but the quanities?  That man comes across so low energy and grumpy, doesn't seem much interested, I think they need to consider putting him out to pasture.  Surely they could do better.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rockygems123    Thanks for your trouble.  Yes, those were the ingredients I remembered but the quanities?  That man comes across so low energy and grumpy, doesn't seem much interested, I think they need to consider putting him out to pasture.  Surely they could do better.

Here it is

https://www.qvc.com/recipes/pumpkin-fall-freeze.html

Respected Contributor

1/2 cup sugar for one drink.  Wow.  I'm sure it tastes great.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ    Thanks so much.

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

1/2 cup sugar for one drink.  Wow.  I'm sure it tastes great.

@santorini    Surely that's two servings but I'd still reduce the sugar.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

You're welcome.  And we'd all be in a coma if that 1/2 c was per serving, eek.  I always cut way back on sugar in recipes anyway.