Esteemed Contributor

Re: ITALIAN ROASTED POTATOES...?

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@eddyandme  Millbury 22 sounds familiar. Had to take that into the city and catch one of the special busses that State Mutual had to take us directly to the building.

Me and Lindy used to leave last minute then go barreling down Lake  Ave North!  Can't believe we did that - our young and foolish days - like Lake Quinsigamond is right against that curvy, narrow road!!!  You probably did better on the bus - safer anyways.

Super Contributor

@eddyandme @Nice to meet you,too.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@jackthebear@proudlyfromNJ 

I now live in my childhood home - in MILLBURY!!

It was a National Grid retirement Luncheon I attended at Leo's Restaurant on Shrewbury St.  I'm sure you both are familiar with Leo's - it's' probably older than we are!

If you haven't been back here you wouldn't believe the traffic, et al.  U-Mass Medical Center is huge and between the hospital et al taking up a large section of Rte 9 area. Our Lady of Mount Carmel is being torn down! So the parking for Leo's is horrible - they've moved from exactly on Shrewsbury St and share the Mount Carmel parking lot!  But their food is still yummy! A friend of mine, who also worked at NG(Massachusetts Electric), has to drive her 97year-old mother by the church once a week - she looks at the destruction and cries - her parents helped build that church!  On a happier note:  the Pawtucket minor league is moving to the City.  They'll be a huge ballpark constructed, hotels, etc.  Don't know exactly the location - hope they leave Millbury and Water Streets alone!

@proudlyfromNJ, I have relatives in Jersey - Somerville area - ever hear of Petrocks? 

Well. small world - let me know if you people ever come out this way as we'll have to meet!Woman Happy

wow

Haven't been back there in years,

Kind of like New Jersey, with all it's warts 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Just wondering at what degrees you roast them ?

400?

once I tried parboiling but didn't really hurry it up much

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@eddyandme cook them in your microwave until almost done.  Then sprinkle with olive oil and seasoning (I use Italian Chicken Seasoning from McCormack).  Cut potatoes in half and place cut side down after sprinkling with olive oil.  Roast on sheet pan until cut side is browned to your taste.  You can also add green beans, etc. with the potatoes.

oh yeah

or some sliced garlic 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

As someone mentioned before, olive oil will keep them from drying out.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Serena Sue,  The only "North End" I know of  is in Boston, not Worcester. MA.   I think there are lots of "Little Italy's" but the one I'm most familiar with is in Baltimore, MD.