Esteemed Contributor

Re: ITALIAN ROASTED POTATOES...?

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I love potatoes cooked in the same Au Jus that I use for prime rib or French dip roast beef sandwiches.

I just buy it in the dry packages in the gravy section.

We do like it a bit richer, so I usually only add 2-2.5 cups of water, instead of 3.

If you like mushrooms, add some sliced fresh mushrooms too, while the potatoes are cooking.

Delish!

@KingstonsMom  I love mushrooms but nevr cook them just for myself.  As you know furbabies aren't supposed to eat them, but do you think if I cook them with the potatoes in the sauce but just give Eddy some potato with a little sauce and plain green beans will that be safe for him or do I have to cook his separately?  He LOVES potatoes!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme I didn’t live there for long. Husband was stationed at Ft. Devens. I took the bus into Worcester from Millbury to work at State Mutual and that was the extent of the time I spent in Worcester. I think we were only there for eight months or so.

I’ve heard of Somerville NJ but have never been there.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@eddyandme I didn’t live there for long. Husband was stationed at Ft. Devens. I took the bus into Worcester from Millbury to work at State Mutual and that was the extent of the time I spent in Worcester. I think we were only there for eight months or so.

I used togo to dances at Ft Devens and worked in the Office of the General Counsel at State Mutual!  I live in East Millbury!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I used togo to dances at Ft Devens and worked in the Office of the General Counsel at State Mutual!  I live in East Millbury!

@eddyandme   That’s so funny! We lived on Pond Terrace in one of the little cottages.

Super Contributor

Hi Goldenlocks, that’s OK.    I live very close to Worcester, but  I guess I never heard of that part of town called the North end.

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme cook them in your microwave until almost done.  Then sprinkle with olive oil and seasoning (I use Italian Chicken Seasoning from McCormack).  Cut potatoes in half and place cut side down after sprinkling with olive oil.  Roast on sheet pan until cut side is browned to your taste.  You can also add green beans, etc. with the potatoes.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@eddyandme   That’s so funny! We lived on Pond Terrace in one of the little cottages.

I live up on the hill above part of Dorothy Pond - Westview Ave!  You had to take Millbury22 or5 Wheelock Ave buses - right?  Millbury's expanded (Woman Sad) and we even have our own Mall!  Well Shoppes actually.  That is a hoot!! that we lived so close by,,,  Well if our paths had crossed, me and Lindy-Lu also a tax preparer in OGC used to ride together - you could've rode with us...

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  Millbury 22 sounds familiar. Had to take that into the city and catch one of the special busses that State Mutual had to take us directly to the building.

Honored Contributor

You ladies are making me hungry for roasted potatoes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Serena Sue wrote:

Hi Goldenlocks, that’s OK.    I live very close to Worcester, but  I guess I never heard of that part of town called the North end.

North End was used to describe like a simile to what I mentioned as Italian Section of Worcester. it was never meant to be called the North End.

Wow, @Serena Sue , I figured no one ever heard of Worcester!!!  Nice to meet you!