Super Contributor

ISO a way to "distinguish" a snickerdoodle cake baked for the church fish fry

I want to make a snickerdoodle cake to take to the church fish fry, but I am tyring to think of a way so people will know it is a snickerdoodle cake and not think is is say, a basic white cake. I thought about cutting cinnamon sticks into small pieces and place a small piece on each 'serving,' but..probably not  a good idea. I also thought about sprinkling cinnamon on top, but wondering if that might be mistaken to be something else..? It is impossible for the ladies at the church to tell people what is what, they just slice everything up and put the slices on a serving table. 

Maybe I am overthinking this..lol I tend to overthink a lot of things!! Smiley Tongue 

But I would like to know a way to maybe let people know it is a snickerdoodle cake.. 

This is the recipe, I am going to make this into a sheet cake. Another thing is it probably is going to look very boring and blah, so maybe a smidgeon of a cinnamon stick might make it look 'better'..I don't know...*shrug*... 

I don't know why I have a bee on my bonnet to make this thing..guess it will just be different from the usual fare..

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/jackies-snickerdoodle-cake-with-cinnamon-buttercream-frosting-30...

Honored Contributor

Re: ISO a way to "distinguish" a snickerdoodle cake baked for the church fish fry

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately I never click on linkks but I've made snickerdoodle cookies for eons, they were my son's favorite.

The main thing is the cinnamon/sugar combo. Does the recipe call for a topping of some kind? I might try a mix of these two on top before baking the cake or a heavy dose of it while the cake is still warm.

Sorry if this isn't helpful but I'd like to know what you decide and how the cake comes out Smiley Happy

I'd skip the cinnamon sticks.

Super Contributor

Re: ISO a way to "distinguish" a snickerdoodle cake baked for the church fish fry

@Love my grandkidswrote:

Unfortunately I never click on linkks but I've made snickerdoodle cookies for eons, they were my son's favorite.

The main thing is the cinnamon/sugar combo. Does the recipe call for a topping of some kind? I might try a mix of these two on top before baking the cake or a heavy dose of it while the cake is still warm.

Sorry if this isn't helpful but I'd like to know what you decide and how the cake comes out Smiley Happy

I'd skip the cinnamon sticks.

It has a cinnamon buttercream frosting. Thinking I might just bake a Marie Callender's pie and call it a day. Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

How about making a little paper banner to stick in the cake mounted on a skewer with the name on it.?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

My daughter makes this cake to take into work and people love it.

Honored Contributor

Place halved snickerdoodle cookies on the frosting as an embellishment.

Honored Contributor

Bake it, take it and forget about it.  Just enjoy.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

Thanks for the replies! Smiley Happy 

I like the little paper tag on a toothpick idea. I like the snickerdoodle cookie on top idea, too..talk about gilding the lily, that is a great idea, as well!   

Honored Contributor

I would do either a little flag or a snickerdoodle cookie.

Don't put the cinnamon sticks on it, if you can't eat it, it shouldn't be a garnish.

Honored Contributor

I agree with @CelticCrafter - the cookie is a great idea.

@msh8970

Thanks for posting the link.  My DH doesn't care for frosting, but I think he'd love this baked in a bundt pan with a little glaze drizzled over it!  And it's easy!

~ house cat ~