Honored Contributor

ISO Sweet & Savory Overnight Breakfast dishes for Christmas am

I’ve been going through Pinterest saving pin after pin but would love to hear if you have a personal recommendation since you never steer me wrong!

i need one sweet and one savory to accommodate different tastes

Honored Contributor

Re: ISO Sweet & Savory Overnight Breakfast dishes for Christmas am

Me too!  I've been on Pinterest all day looking for breakfast caseroles for Christmas morning.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love browsing Pinterest too, but it can be overwhelming.  

I have had extremely good success with an old Paula Deen (please don't hate me) recipe for a sweet casserole.  It's Paula Deen's French Toast Baked Casserole-you can find it here on the Food NetWork website:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/baked-french-toast-casserole-with-maple-syrup-recipe2-...

As for a savory casserole, Lindsey at Life, Love and Sugar posted the one I use the most.  You can find it here;

https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2017/12/18/overnight-sausage-egg-breakfast-casserole/

Both can be made the night before and baked in the morning.  Hope this helps, but have made both for years and people are always scrapping the bottoms of the pans!  

Have a wonderful and safe Christmas.

Valued Contributor

@mustang66lady  I have been making that egg/sausage/cheese casserole every Christmas for well over thirty years I am sure.  My family wouldn't think it is Christmas morning without it!!! :-)

KK

Esteemed Contributor

Hello @Karlakaye!

If I remember correctly, I found that recipe in a magazine advertising Jimmy Dean sausage probably about 30 years ago, give or take.  It was simple and contained ingredients my kids would eat-one was picky and the other didn't like foods to "touch."  They both ate this one.  And they both ate the French toast one as well, come to think  of it!  

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady Those are perfect! And no hate from me lol. I have some of her recipes pinned myself!,  

i love Pinterest but it’s a veritable rabbit hole there!  I so need to organize my pins better too. 

Thanks again and merry Christmas and safe holidays! 🎄💕💐

Trusted Contributor

Here's an easy overnight recipe for pull apart sweet rolls that I make often.  

STICKY BUNS

12-14 Rhodes frozen dinner roll balls

1 stick of margarine, melted

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 (3 oz) box vanilla cook and serve pudding (NOT instant)

1 tsp cinnamon

Generously spray bundt pan with Pam.  Place frozen dough balls on the bottom of the pan.  Pour melted margarine over dough balls.  Sprinkle with brown sugar, dry pudding, and cinnamon.  Place in cold oven overnight to rise.

The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes. Carefully invert onto glass platter for serving.  Pull apart and enjoy!

Note:  Butterscotch pudding can be used if you like that flavor.  Omit cinnamon.

Honored Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

Here's an easy overnight recipe for pull apart sweet rolls that I make often.  

STICKY BUNS

12-14 Rhodes frozen dinner roll balls

1 stick of margarine, melted

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 (3 oz) box vanilla cook and serve pudding (NOT instant)

1 tsp cinnamon

Generously spray bundt pan with Pam.  Place frozen dough balls on the bottom of the pan.  Pour melted margarine over dough balls.  Sprinkle with brown sugar, dry pudding, and cinnamon.  Place in cold oven overnight to rise.

The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes. Carefully invert onto glass platter for serving.  Pull apart and enjoy!

Note:  Butterscotch pudding can be used if you like that flavor.  Omit cinnamon.

That sounds great and easy! Right up my alley. And my girls love anything cinammony but I didn’t want to just open up a can on Christmas 

Trusted Contributor

This is what I do for Christmas morning. 

Mr. Food’s holiday sausage roll ups.

48D80203-6FC2-4B03-A2B8-FB7681D7FBDF.jpeg

They don't need to be made in the shape of a tree. I usually don’t do that and take them apart and serve on a festive platter. I mean to tell you, these little things are soooo yummy! I make them a few times a year and people love them. 

For Christmas morning I serve them along with a fresh fruit platter or fruit salad or even fruit and yogurt parfaits. 

The rolls are are super easy too and very few ingredients. Depending on which way you roll the dough the spirals will be large or smaller.  OH! We find the regular (not spicy sausage) is just better.

We like the the smaller ones, just adjust baking time.

I made these the last year my daughter was in the big Victorian Christmas performance (a week long) in HS. I volunteered to make food for he cast. I made these rolls, lotssss of them along with many other things. 

They were a hit. I remember walking toward the door and one young lady, with three of them in her hand said to me, “Have you TRIED these?”

I laughed and said, “Well sure! I made them!” I got a big hug from her. 

I was very busy that week.

Anyway, an easy savory and served with fruit a very easy Christmas morning breakfast!

Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

This is what I do for Christmas morning. 

Mr. Food’s holiday sausage roll ups.

48D80203-6FC2-4B03-A2B8-FB7681D7FBDF.jpeg

They don't need to be made in the shape of a tree. I usually don’t do that and take them apart and serve on a festive platter. I mean to tell you, these little things are soooo yummy! I make them a few times a year and people love them. 

For Christmas morning I serve them along with a fresh fruit platter or fruit salad or even fruit and yogurt parfaits. 

The rolls are are super easy too and very few ingredients. Depending on which way you roll the dough the spirals will be large or smaller.  OH! We find the regular (not spicy sausage) is just better.

We like the the smaller ones, just adjust baking time.

I made these the last year my daughter was in the big Victorian Christmas performance (a week long) in HS. I volunteered to make food for he cast. I made these rolls, lotssss of them along with many other things. 

They were a hit. I remember walking toward the door and one young lady, with three of them in her hand said to me, “Have you TRIED these?”

I laughed and said, “Well sure! I made them!” I got a big hug from her. 

I was very busy that week.

Anyway, an easy savory and served with fruit a very easy Christmas morning breakfast!

That’s brilliant! Takes care of both tastes doesn’t it?  And the Christmas tree shape?  Adorable!  I bet I can manage that. Thanks everyone!  What’s nice is I have the ingredients for each of these recipes already!