Honored Contributor

INTRODUCING THE "CASCATELLI"

[ Edited ]

Okay, I'm the first to agree that, in the overall scheme of the universe, this isn't really major news .....  although I suppose some chefs will be giddy.  Woman LOL

However, they worked on developing  this new shape of noodle for three years ..... the objective was to create the "perfect" pasta shape, ideal for its ability to deliver a satisfying bite, hold the right amount of savory sauce, and easily cling to a fork.

Get Lost in the Sauce With a Brand New Pasta Shape, Cascatelli | Smart News | Smithsonian Magazine

photo:

A photo of various Cascatelli pasta falling against a white background

Interesting Smithsonian article ....

Honored Contributor

Re: INTRODUCING THE "CASCATELLI"

@Tinkrbl44 LOL, reminds me  a car tire cut in half!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Love my grandkids 

LOL   Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night we had a new shape of pasta called Creste di Gallo by Ronzoni.  The English translation is Rooster Crest.  Imagine elbow pasta with a ruffle or rooster's crown on top.  To me, it wasn't ideal for sauce, but more suitable for mac & cheese. We eat it and had plenty leftover.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks interesting and I will give it a try.  I have to try something that was 3 yrs in development. Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's not an improvement.

Esteemed Contributor

What do you at work mom?

Design pasta.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

How big are those things?  they're interesting to look at but I don't think I'd like to have to manuver that Hook into my mouth. Twice as thick on one side going in than the other.  and if cooking the pasta makes the hook end flatten out then What was the point?

edit for spelling.

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

How big are those things?  they're interesting to look at but I don't think I'd like to have to manuver that Hook into my mouth. Twice as thick on one side going in than the other.  and if cooking the pasta makes the hook end flatten out then What was the point?

edit for spelling.

@candys mine 

I just wonder how many times they cooked pasta before coming up with this final version .....   and whether they cooked it to well done or al dente.    

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I've never seen a car tire cut in half.  I would not know what one looked like.   This pasta certainly does not look like what I would imagine a car tire cut in half would look like.

Honored Contributor

I bought some very strangely shaped pasta at Trader Joe's a few months ago.  I used it for pasta salad.  I can remember the name of it but I will definitely purchase it again.