Honored Contributor

Re: I need a kid-friendly, super easy Halloween recipe, please.

How about making a bowl of "dirt". it's choc pudding with choc cookie crumbs over top and gummy bugs sticking out of /or on top of it. Made this for my sons b-day when he was young--all those little boys squealed over it. Don't have a recipe but it was not hard to do. Just google it.

Trusted Contributor

Oreo spider cookies are fun, easy, and tasty. Just google for pictures. Good luck!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Regular Contributor

I've done the ghost suckers for the GK.   On parchment paper, draw ghost shapes spaced out on the paper.  Melt the white coating wafers.  Pour this mixture into the shapes you made on parchment....switl to make it look 3 dimensional (swirling sheets), add a sucker stick.  Let set...Decorate with milk/dark chocolate for mouth and eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Every Holloweenie my father made candied apples.  Kids from all over came to our house just for the candied apples.  Receipe can be found on the www.

----------------

Oh yum...memories!  My mother also made candied apples coated with with that good, red, sticky coating!!  Still remember that cracking sound the coating made at the first bite!!

Honored Contributor

I make this my kids since they'll get enough sugar elsewhere and it's so easy.

Friendly Clementine Pumpkin Treats for Halloween

1855FAF1-C6B4-4850-AF86-BA6EDA2034BF.jpeg

Servings 30 (or how many you think you'll need)
Ingredients
  • 30 Clementines
  • 2 stalks fresh celery
Instructions
  1. Peel each clementine.
  2. Slice celery into very thin ribs
  3. Insert celery into the top of clementines, poking them in half way so they stay.
  4. Enjoy!
Recipe Notes

These can be made a day ahead of time, just cover them and keep them in the fridge.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I made ghost cookies by dipping the Nutter Butter cookies in white chocolate.  After placing them to dry on  parchment paper. I used mini chocolate chips for eyes.

Easy but cute.

Esteemed Contributor

To the OP - I received this today and immediately thought of this post.  Maybe I am too late for you to use but wanted to post it just in case I'm not, here it is. Hope you have a great time with what ever recipe you decide to use!

https://www.plainchicken.com/easy-halloween-recipes/