Trusted Contributor

I need a cheap, easy, fast dessert for a potluck

You don't have to post the actual recipe, but I have to bring a dessert to a function tomorrow and would like suggestions for a fast, cheap, easy dessert. Thanks

Super Contributor

Re: I need a cheap, easy, fast dessert for a potluck

wow, some fantastic recipes shared. thanks

Frequent Contributor

I like to take a cake called Watergate Cake. It's been around for years.Everyone loves it and easy to make.

Honored Contributor

On 10/2/2011 Britbrit13 said: You r right it is not a dessert, I am sorry ... I just saw potluck.... it was my mistake ...Brit

Nothing you have ever posted as been a mistake. Always Yummy!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
New Contributor

i used to make this years ago and still do mostly in summer. make a white or yellow cake mix as box directs. when it cools put a can of cherry pie filling or other spread it all over the cake . cover with whipped cream or cool whip. easy and so good.keep in refrig.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

On 9/28/2011 lynnie61 said:

Make cherry jello, let is firm part way (maybe an hour or so) and then mix a can of cherry pie filling into it. Top with Cool Whip - easy, good and cheap.

That is the fave of the pastor of our church and he requests it every time we have a potluck. He loves it so.

Respected Contributor

But an angel food cake, chocolate pudding and cool whip. Tear the cake int pieces and layer with the pudding and cool whip. You can also add chopped up Heath bars into the mix. Really yummy.