Super Contributor

Re: I'm crazy about slow-cooker meals, but....

I use the slow cooker, and I make casseroles.  I have learned to adapt recipes from a regular cookbook to the slow cooker.  A really really easy thing to make in the slow cooker is take some chuck steak,  barbecue sauce of your choice, and cook on low all day.  Right now I am cooking Swiss steak.  The meat comes out so tender that you hardly need to chew.   I also make a lasagna casserole in it that was my mother-in-law's recipe.  My husband likes it better in the slow cooker.  

I use my Ninja cooking system and can go back and forth between stove top or slow cooker.  I have the best of both worlds.  The electric pressure cooker is wonderful also.  Have fun.

Honored Contributor

When I come home at the end of a tough day, to a slow-cooker meal, I feel so pampered - even though I'm the one who had to set it all up at 5 am, lol.  There's nothing better, other than a personal chef, and since i don't see that happening for me in this lifetime, I'll keep my crock pot.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Like both. When it comes to pasta dishes, I prefer casseroles.
Honored Contributor

Check out A Year Of Slow Cooking website used to be Crockpot365. Lots of crockpot recipes posted there. Another one is Slow Cooker Adventures.

Honored Contributor

I keep switching.  Depends on my mood, and if I saw a particular recipe that I wanted to try.

I have used slow cooker in a cuple of weeks, but I saw a chicken recipe yesterday that I plan on doing for Sunday.