Honored Contributor

Re: I just had the best salad for lunch

@151949  I write in 'teal' because I'm guessing the color of the water is just about this - perhaps a turqouise teal.  Next, let me say I hate you for enjoying a yummy salad overlooking the Gulf!!!!!

Not really but you know what I'm sayin' !!!

So, I must ask, do you get to see this site all the time because you live there or are you enjoying a deserved vacation?  Either way, aren't you lucky!

Salads - we've had a couple of great ones lately, one a friend of mine turned me onto, the other I found actually at Aldi's.  The first is colesalw (which we love anyway), some lemon juice, a good spoonful of mayo, a green onion (or 2) sliced thin, and crumbled bleu cheese.  I add just a little olive oil too, a tad salt & pepper, mix. This is killer with the blue cheese.

The other is a great mix of greens mostly thinly sliced brussel sprouts (who knew, very good though), dried cranberries, pepitos, (pumpkin seeds), poppy seed dressing - all packaged as such.  Mix, salt & pepper if you want.  Wow this is a good one - I must buy some poppy seed dressing, so good. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD I have been trying many different salad combos they sell at Publix and really enjoying them. Who knew you could eat raw brussel sprouts and that they are really good! They are helping me with my diet. 

I live in Sarasota County , Florida about a mile and a half from the Gulf of Mexico for 8 months of the year then we spend the hottest months of the year back in Pa. where we live in our camper at a campground, so it is like a 4 month vacation. We are really getting the most out of our retirement, at leasst we think so and really, on this subject isn't our opinion the only one that matters ?

Honored Contributor

@151949  Your opinion?  It absolutely is the only one that counts.

I hope I didn't offend you - certainly didn't mean to.