Trusted Contributor

I have 3 sealed bags of cut up romaine leaves, any ideas besides salad to use up?

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: I have 3 sealed bags of cut up romaine leaves, any ideas besides salad to use up?

You can send them to me for my bunny ...
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

Re: I have 3 sealed bags of cut up romaine leaves, any ideas besides salad to use up?

On 12/28/2014 PurpleBunny said: You can send them to me for my bunny ...

Honored Contributor

I would make a big soup- beans and greens. You could make it vegetarian or with chicken sausage.

Honored Contributor

Also, you could make tacos and shred the lettuce finely for a topping.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/28/2014 PurpleBunny said: You can send them to me for my bunny ...

LOL

Trusted Contributor

soup for sure, thanks, I can freeze that also

tacos, good idea, tomorrow night dinner, heavy on the lettuce LOL

Respected Contributor

Soup! Any green in soup is a great addition, especially with all of that turkey and ham laying around. You could so a ham, bean and romaine soup!

Honored Contributor

We like to make a modified version of Caesar salad by adding cooked penne pasta to the romaine lettuce, caesar dressing, shaved parmesan cheese. Add chopped tomatoes and/or leftover chicken-grilled or rotisserie. Don't forget the garlic bread!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Ham, turkey in the soup even tastier!

Never heard of a Caesar salad with penne and chicken (& garlic bread, of course) yum!