Honored Contributor

I'd appreciate opinions on this cake recipe, thank you.

[ Edited ]

My friends and I love tiramisu.  I saw this cake in the Great British Baking Show cookbook and it really struck my fancy. I'm thinking of making it for my upcoming luncheon.  

I know it's a very lengthy recipe. If anyone has the time or inclination to look at it and let me know what you think, I'd really appreciate that.  Unlike online sources, cookbooks have no reviews to browse through and I'm afraid that this cake might be too heavy on the mascarpone cheese.

IMG_1974.JPG

IMG_1973.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_1976.JPG

Any thoughts? 

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: I'd appreciate opinions on this cake recipe, thank you.

Looks so very amazing that I would fly to heck and back for a piece.I envy those who are invited to enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

OMG, that sounds so good, but it's way too much recipe for me. My niece is a caterer and she makes a really easy Tiramisu cake that is one layer, delicious and very easy to make. I don't have the recipe, but I'll ask her for it, if it isn't original she'll give it to me and I'll post it.

Honored Contributor

Looking at that recipe....my Tiramisu days are long gone.  For those who indulge, enjoy!

Frequent Contributor

@house_cat 

The mascarpone is used between the layers and on top, so it might be fine. Looks complicated, though.

If you're looking for tiramisu recipes, may I suggest perusing the Serious Eats website, especially the recipes by Stella Parks (aka BraveTart).

They're very well researched, and quite specific.

Trusted Contributor

It looks delicious but a lot of work. When I look at the ingredients I would need to buy because I don’t keep them on hand, it would be cheaper to buy one. If you have a Kroger owned store near you, they make a good tiramisu cake.

Honored Contributor

I actually came back to delete my OP, because I was sitting here trying to do the metric conversions and decided the recipe is too complicated.  I'm gong to search for a simpler one, but if anyone has one to share, that would be great! Thanks so much for confirming what I was already thinking.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

OMG, that sounds so good, but it's way too much recipe for me. My niece is a caterer and she makes a really easy Tiramisu cake that is one layer, delicious and very easy to make. I don't have the recipe, but I'll ask her for it, if it isn't original she'll give it to me and I'll post it.

I would love that! Thank you!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I would love that! Thank you!

@house_cat  my niece said it's a recipe she found on a Jo Cooks blog, I just looked it up and it is pretty easy to make, but wow the calories. I would make it for a party and cut it into small servings, that's what she does.

Honored Contributor

Isn't mascarpone basically the same thing as cream cheese?  So the cake has cream cheese icing with a fancy name.  Sounds delicious but very rich.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment