I am waiting for my new Vitamix and would like to find some recipies.

Honored Contributor

Re: I am waiting for my new Vitamix and would like to find some recipies.

Me too

Respected Contributor

Just go to the Vitamix website; there are tons of recipes!

Respected Contributor

The Vitamix was my first purchase from the Q many years ago and I still think it is my favorite purchase.  I use mine mostly for smoothies.  I pour a little orange juice in, add an individual container of flavored yogurt, put in some mixed frozen berries, maybe half a banana, some ice and whirl it all together.  If it’s too thick I add a bit more orange juice.  Sometimes I even throw a piece of carrot in there or other fresh veggie.  If you google Vitamix recipes on line there are a lot to choose from.  Have fun with your new Vitamix. 😃

Respected Contributor

mine came with a recipe book.

Honored Contributor

My most favorite one for summer time is ice cream. 

Buy the almost spoiled bananas from your grocer.  Peel and freeze them in ziploc bags.  

When you want some ice cream, take a couple of the bananas and throw them in the Vitamix and add whatever flavor you want.

My most favorite is peanut butter.  Sometimes, I'll throw in baking cocoa for chocolate peanut butter and a couple times I added some mint extract.

There are hundreds of recipes online and I think QVC has a Vitamix recipe page as well.

Have fun!  

Esteemed Contributor

@BJINPA Please post which recipes you try and like.  I have the cookbooks and have seen the websites but there are so many and it's hard to decide where to start.  😂

My mom ordered the TSV Vitamix for me and I plan to use it tomorrow for the first time.  I think I'm going to start with tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches on the side.

Respected Contributor

Next time you need to make fresh whipped cream, just throw the heavy cream into your vitamix with some powdered sugar, and you will have whipped cream for holiday pies, etc... in about 30 seconds.

We used to chill the beaters and pan and stand there mixing it with a hand mixer....no more!

There are so many things to do with your vitamix....crushed ice for margaritas, smoothies, and soup are just a few ideas.  I also make the fresh bread crumbs all the time - just throw the bread in and it will make bread crumbs in a few seconds.  I made fresh pineapple juice the other day. 

Enjoy your new vitamix!!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I've been going through the cookbooks today.  I was a little disppointed with "First Blends" (that came with this Vitamix) because I thought it would contain more recipes but discovered only pages 1-22 (out of 70) are in English. 😕

Has anyone tried the Green Goddess soup?  Right now I'm leaning toward soups.  Yummy looking recipes for tomato soup and corn soup.

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I've been going through the cookbooks today.  I was a little disppointed with "First Blends" (that came with this Vitamix) because I thought it would contain more recipes but discovered only pages 1-22 (out of 70) are in English. 😕

Has anyone tried the Green Goddess soup?  Right now I'm leaning toward soups.  Yummy looking recipes for tomato soup and corn soup.

Just bought a VItamix last week and I was just gonna say the same thing - the recipe book is a handful of the same recipes in different languages.  I have gone online and see there are a lot of books for super power blenders which says they are for Vitamix and Blendtec and if you look, there are a lot of books in the $20-30 range but if you keep scrolling down you will find the same books for $7 or $8.  I assume the cheaper ones are from the bookstores which are bought new but eventually moved to warehouses to make room for other newer books.  As for the Vitamix I have used mine for mostly smoothies, salad dressings and marinades but I love the machine!