Regular Contributor

Re: I Need a Recipe for ......

Cooks.com

Look for Ricotta cake recipes, very good and easy .

Valued Contributor

Maida Heatter’s Best ****** Lemon Cake
Scale 1x2x3x
Ingredients
1 tablespoon butter, plus 8 tablespoons melted
2 tbsp. fine dry bread crumbs (optional)
1/2 cup whole raw almonds
1–1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1–1/3 cups plus 2 tablespoon sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
2 tablespoons lemon extract
1–1/2 teaspoons pure Vanilla Extract
Zest and juice of 2 lemons*
Instructions
Heat oven to 350°. Grease a loaf pan measuring 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ with 1 tbsp. of the butter and dust it with the bread crumbs. Invert and tap out excess crumbs; set aside. In a food processor, grind the almonds until very fine, about 1 minute; set aside. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
Put the remaining butter into a large bowl and add 1 cup of the sugar. Mix with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just long enough to incorporate, about 30 seconds. Add the flour mixture and milk mixture in 3 batches, beginning and ending with the flour. Beat until mixed after each addition, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, about 3 minutes total. Mix in the lemon extract and vanilla. With the spatula, fold in the lemon zest and ground almonds. (The mixture will be thin.) Turn batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean and dry, about 65 minutes.
Transfer the pan to a cooling rack. Prepare the glaze: Combine remaining sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. (Do not boil.) Brush the glaze over the hot cake. (The excess liquid may pool along the sides of the pan; it will absorb completely as it sits.) Once the cake has absorbed all the liquid, turn it out of the pan and allow it to cool upright on a rack. Once it’s cool, wrap the cake with aluminum foil and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours before serving.
Notes
* Meyer lemons are sweeter than Eureka and other lemons. When making the lemon syrup add more sweetening if needed. I like using 1 tablespoon of honey along with the sugar as it gives the cake top a lovely sheen.
When the cake has cooled and is wrapped, refrigerate it until you are ready to slice it for serving.

Honored Contributor

Probably late to the party!

Short cake cups

1 can Eagle brand

Juice of one lemon

1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk

1/2 container of strawberries cut up

1 can mandarin oranges, cut in half

1 can crushed pineapple well drained

3/4 C sliced green grapes

1/2 c chopped pecans or walnuts

12 Maraschino cherries with stems, drained (optional)

-OR- 12 whole strawberries

Mix juice of 1 lemon with Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk

Fold in 8 oz Cool Whip

Fold in all fruits, chill.

Spoon into short cake cups

Top with drained stemmed cherry or small whole strawberry

Respected Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

a baked item with a wonderful lemon taste.  Or, a recipe for your favorite spring recipe that announces, "Winter is over and here is something for spring."   I am a member of our local Optimist Club and we sponsor our Junior Optimists at the middle school level.  They are having a spaghetti supper this coming Thursday night (3/12) and our club always provides the desert for their fundraiser.

Would anyone be willing to share their favorite/best lemon/spring recipe?  It has to be something that can be put on a plate for a single serving. 

Thank you for your posts.

_____

Might I suggest Bettycrocker.com and Pillsbury.com

Just type "Lemon" into the search bar.  I sign up for their emails and save them on a file within their website.  I have made many delicious recipes from both sites!