Esteemed Contributor

I Need An Easy Julia Child Recipe

I belong to a cooking club, and the February meeting is based on Julia Child recipes (I would have preferred a Mardi Gras theme).  I must be the only person in the world who does not have one of her cookbooks and who has never prepared any of her dishes.

Does anyone have an easy one of hers that I can prepare ahead of time?  We all meet at someone's home, and dinner is usually about two hours after we start.  Most of the time we try to cook something together, but we are not doing it this time.

Also, is there a good and easy one of her cookbooks that anyone would recommend?  I do plan to order one but have no idea which one.  Thanks!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Re: I Need An Easy Julia Child Recipe

The only cookbook I have by Julia's is Julia's Kitchen Wisdom. There are several easy recipes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Iwantcoffee, thanks.  I take a look at it.

Valued Contributor

Why don't you try your local library for her cookbooks, then you can decide on an easy recipe.  I found her recipes time-consuming and involved but haven't looked at them in years.  It may have been that I had young children and was too busy at the time.  I will say that everything I made from her books was delicious.  Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional, thank you!  That looks perfect, sounds delicious, and I already have the ingredients on hand.

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@ms traditional, thank you!  That looks perfect, sounds delicious, and I already have the ingredients on hand.

hope all goes well and that you have fun!

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl ~ Google, print, pour yourself a glass of wine and have at it!  I'm sure whatever you choose to cook, it'll be magnifique! 🍷🙆

Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl

I only have one Julia Child recipe that I make and I don't own one of her cookbooks either.  Her name alone intimidates me but loved to watch her show!  Here is the one recipe that I make and my family absolutely loves.  It is simple and uses simple ingredients.

http://www.food.com/recipe/julia-childs-grated-zucchini-sauteed-in-butter-and-shallots-243205

Bon Appetit!

Esteemed Contributor

@mustang66lady, thank you!  Looks like I will be bringing two dishes to dinner.