Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Need An Easy Julia Child Recipe

@SXMGirl

No problem!  Hope you and your club enjoy it!  I think the secret to this being a success is squezzing as much mositure out of the zucchini as possible.  I have never added the cream as a suggestion to make this richer.  I'm sure it would be good.  And I have used regular onion when I didn't have a shallot available without complaint from the family, too.  I don't really think this can fail!  Make sure you have everything ready to add when you begin to cook this as cooking it goes pretty fast-borders on being a stir-fry. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mustang66lady, thanks for the info.  I hope it travels well.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional, I really want to thank you for the recipe.  It was voted the best of our dinner last night, which is really saying something.  We had spectacular dishes.

@mustang66lady, the zucchini au gratin was voted second best.  I did add the cream and it was fabulous.

Thanks again for your suggestions.  I will be making both again.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@ms traditional, I really want to thank you for the recipe.  It was voted the best of our dinner last night, which is really saying something.  We had spectacular dishes.

@mustang66lady, the zucchini au gratin was voted second best.  I did add the cream and it was fabulous.

Thanks again for your suggestions.  I will be making both again.

@SXMGirl    glad to hear all went well and that recipe was enjoyed.  congrats!

Honored Contributor

The library probably has a good suggestion and you won't have to buy a book you might never use again.