Respected Contributor

Re: I FOUND A TERRIFIC TUNA FISH BRAND

@Nancy Drew 

Well, this weekend, I had an opportunity to try your Genova yellowfin in EVOO, and I'm here to tell you...it's delicious! I'd never before had tuna other than albacore, never thought I'd try it, and tuna is one of those things I never order out. 

I drained the excess oil for tuna sandwiches, but only because I wanted to add a little mayo. They were delicious. DH thought so, too, but he's not nearly as particular about tuna as I am. As you said, this would be great as a simple spread--also as part of an antipasto plate.

We also like tuna added to a marinara sauce for pasta, so I did that. This time, I didn't drain it because I always add olive oil when "jazzing up" jarred sauce, anyway. It was heavenly.

So I've expanded my tuna horizons lol. I still like albacore for my tuna salad with pecans and apples but, thanks to you, we now have another variety to enjoy. 👍

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Yes. It is delicious and I don't care for tuna in general. Probably because I used to eat it so much as a teen lol. My friend and I made tuna sandwiches constantly. We even made them for her brothers. They talked us into it.

Honored Contributor

I don't know who does Weis Market house brand, but their salt free tuna is very VERY GOOD. 

Since my shopping has been very difficult during the pandemic, I found reduced sodium tuna in packets on Amazon, and it's very good also.

I'm not much into anything oily so water pack for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you care, Chicken of the Sea tuna And Genova are now owned and processed by a corp. in Thailand.....no thanks.

Chicken of the Sea is an El Segundo, California-based provider of packaged seafood, formerly US-owned and now owned by the Thai Union Group in Samut Sakhon, Thailand. The brand sells tuna, salmon, clams, crab, shrimp, mackerel, oysters, kipper snacks, and sardines in cans, pouches, and cups under the brand names "Chicken of the Sea", "Genova", and "Ace of Diamonds".[1]

*Wiki and other sources

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

download.jpeg

LOL Somebody doesn't know where tuna is sourced. Or that premium labels exist under the same brand.

As for Genova being a Thai-owned company, so is Bumble Bee--and Star Kist is now a South Korean company.

If anyone wants American tuna, they can buy "American Tuna" at 5 bucks a can. I've had it. It's albacore, and it's excellent.

s-l400 (1).jpg

What worries you masters you.