Honored Contributor

Re: How do you like your pulled pork sandwich???

i like it pulled, then simmered in some GOOD bbq/pulled pork sauce and some chopped or thinly slice vidalia onion mixed in. served on a nice soft roll. side of cole slaw. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I do my pulled pork BBQ Carolina style, with a vinegar base, none of that regular BBQ sauce (which I do like for other things, just not pulled pork).

I'll eat it on an Anzio kaiser roll to soak up the juices, with a side of coleslaw and maybe some good chips. Iced tea and a white peach for dessert and I'm all set.

Honored Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

BBQ is about my favorite food and I actually had some today. I am from Charlotte,NC and I prefer "Eastern style" bbq. It has a vinegar based sauce. I like my bbq served on a plate with slaw (red  or mayo but I prefer the red slaw),a piece of white sandwich bread,and some hush puppies on the side. Omg....add some Brunswick stew and it is even better. Did I say i love bbq? LOL

Tell me about red slaw.

I'm in Alabama.   We have that white BBQ sauce.    For a long time I wouldn't try it because it looks like mayo and who wants mayo on their pulled pork?   The pork is already fatty, you don't need more fat.    But the white sauce is very good, surprisingly tangy.  It doesn't taste like what it looks like.     I do prefer the vinegar-y sauce personally.    To be perfectly honest, I prefer the pork done on a smoker, with only a little bit of sauce on the bread.  I don't want my meat soaked in sauce

I love your post!

Respected Contributor

Red slaw is basically smallish chopped cabbage,apple cider vinegar,ketchup,sugar,hot sauce,red pepperflakes,salt,pepper. It's so good! Don't let the ketchup scare ya. Just Google Lexington red slaw ( I do not prefer Lexington bbq sauce but their slaw is so good). It is great for a cookout because it won't spoil since there is no mayo. I also like it as a  side with grilled chicken and baked beans.  Ok, full disclosure,I am gonna eat leftover bbq for breakfast.

Honored Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

Red slaw is basically smallish chopped cabbage,apple cider vinegar,ketchup,sugar,hot sauce,red pepperflakes,salt,pepper. It's so good! Don't let the ketchup scare ya. Just Google Lexington red slaw ( I do not prefer Lexington bbq sauce but their slaw is so good). It is great for a cookout because it won't spoil since there is no mayo. I also like it as a  side with grilled chicken and baked beans.  Ok, full disclosure,I am gonna eat leftover bbq for breakfast.

OK, I know exactly what it is, duh.

We have a local restaurant that serves freshly shredded cabbage with their signature John's Dressing.   It's similar to a tangy Catalina dressing.   I love it.

John's

Honored Contributor

Vinegar sauce and coleslaw

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I've never eaten pulled pork.  

Respected Contributor

Is there a bad way?    

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like it with Head Country BBQ or Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce on a homemade bun or roll. I also like it on homemade bread with mayo.

I always make it in the pressure cooker & squirt some sauce all over it when I put it in there. After I shred it I leave it as is so we can eat it with or without more bbq sauce.

I buy the boneless pork shoulder with net on it since they are smaller normally 3-5 lbs & don't have all the fat on them like those big pork butts. There is only 2 of us so we cannot eat one of those big roasts. The one I'm making tomorrow is only 3 lbs.

images.jpg

Honored Contributor

Love the red sauce and slaw.

Image result for old rock cafe pulled pork sandwich